Multiple Win 2k

Hi all,

I'd like to move my Win2k system into my newly bought disk and install both
W2K Pro in English & T. Chinese.

I wonder is it possible to install alll applications into a single
partition, say drive E, with OSes in drive C & D? That means both OS would
access to their applications from the same drive.

TIA,
Alex
3 answers Last reply
More about multiple

    Never a good idea even with the same language. Install the applications on
    the boot partition (program files directory) along with each OS instance.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Alex" wrote:
    | Hi all,
    |
    | I'd like to move my Win2k system into my newly bought disk and install
    both
    | W2K Pro in English & T. Chinese.
    |
    | I wonder is it possible to install alll applications into a single
    | partition, say drive E, with OSes in drive C & D? That means both OS would
    | access to their applications from the same drive.
    |
    | TIA,
    | Alex

    If you have a very small OS partition or maybe an older drive with the OS
    and a nice big new one going unused it seems possible to install some
    software on the non system drive without problems but I think Dave's comment
    is safest, keep it separate and for ease of use keep program files in the
    default program files directory. I'd only go away from the default program
    files directory if I had to.

    I can say I've tried two OSs and one set of program files (just for fun) and
    trust me, it is not a good idea at all. Some programs are bad to start with
    and some go bad after a while.

    Charlie

    "Alex" <alexc_hh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'd like to move my Win2k system into my newly bought disk and install
    > both
    > W2K Pro in English & T. Chinese.
    >
    > I wonder is it possible to install alll applications into a single
    > partition, say drive E, with OSes in drive C & D? That means both OS would
    > access to their applications from the same drive.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Alex

    Thanks Dave & Charlie...

    Cheers

    "Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message
    > If you have a very small OS partition or maybe an older drive with the OS
    > and a nice big new one going unused it seems possible to install some
    > software on the non system drive without problems but I think Dave's
    comment
    > is safest, keep it separate and for ease of use keep program files in the
    > default program files directory. I'd only go away from the default program
    > files directory if I had to.
    >
    > I can say I've tried two OSs and one set of program files (just for fun)
    and
    > trust me, it is not a good idea at all. Some programs are bad to start
    with
    > and some go bad after a while.
    >
    > Charlie
    >
    > "Alex" <alexc_hh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I'd like to move my Win2k system into my newly bought disk and install
    > > both
    > > W2K Pro in English & T. Chinese.
    > >
    > > I wonder is it possible to install alll applications into a single
    > > partition, say drive E, with OSes in drive C & D? That means both OS
    would
    > > access to their applications from the same drive.
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > > Alex

Partition Microsoft Windows