Add a 2nd NIC to SBS2000

:confused: I currently have a SBS200 domain with 1 NIC and a wireless
router. I need to add VPN to the system, so this requires a 2nd NIC.
What are the required steps to have the clients now go through SBS2K's
proxy server and set up the VPN

Thanks

Steve

--
jagp
jagp's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=758

jagp wrote:
>> confused: I currently have a SBS200 domain with 1 NIC and a wireless
> router. I need to add VPN to the system, so this requires a 2nd NIC.
> What are the required steps to have the clients now go through SBS2K's
> proxy server and set up the VPN
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Hi -

In my view, domain controllers should not be multihomed.

1. I wouldn't use the SBS server as the VPN endpoint. I'd use a hardware
appliance that can handle IPSEC VPN (Sonicwalls, some NetGears).
2. SBS 2k questions are best posted in
microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000 - you will get much more help in
there as SBS is its own beastie.

TRENDING THREADS