Install OS and RAID Driver with no Floppy Drive?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 26, 2005 3:01:58 PM

I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I want
to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.

Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003 OS
CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200. Is
there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?

Thanks,
Scott<-
April 26, 2005 9:58:48 PM

Scott Townsend wrote:
> I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I want
> to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.
>
> Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003 OS
> CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200. Is
> there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott<-

yes
here is a start...but you may want to google some more

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/38619/386...
April 27, 2005 3:40:07 AM

Scott Townsend wrote:

> I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I want
> to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.
>
> Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003 OS
> CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200. Is
> there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?

How about purchasing a USB floppy drive and using that instead. They are
cheap and *very* useful.

Tes
April 27, 2005 11:54:26 AM

I thought about the Floppy, though are the USB Drivers loaded at Setup on a
new Install? I have one on Order...

"Tesla" <tesla@tscore.com> wrote in message
> Scott Townsend wrote:
>
>> I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I
>> want to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.
>>
>> Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003
>> OS CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200.
>> Is there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?
>
> How about purchasing a USB floppy drive and using that instead. They are
> cheap and *very* useful.
>
> Tes
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 11:54:42 AM

Cool, I'll Check it out!

Thanks,
"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Scott Townsend wrote:
>> I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I
>> want to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.
>>
>> Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003
>> OS CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200.
>> Is there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Scott<-
> yes
> here is a start...but you may want to google some more
>
> http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/38619/386...
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:48:28 PM

Scott Townsend wrote:

> I thought about the Floppy, though are the USB Drivers loaded at Setup on a
> new Install? I have one on Order...

Yes, you don't need any drivers. They work really well (have only used
Sony ones).

Ash.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:31:49 PM

Much to my Surprise, it was able to read a floppy... My guess that is a new
feature with Win2003 Server/WinXP...

Thanks!

!