Install OS and RAID Driver with no Floppy Drive?

I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I want
to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.

Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003 OS
CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200. Is
there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?

Thanks,
Scott<-
6 answers Last reply
More about install raid driver floppy drive

    Scott Townsend wrote:
    > I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I want
    > to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.
    >
    > Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003 OS
    > CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200. Is
    > there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Scott<-

    yes
    here is a start...but you may want to google some more

    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/38619/38619.html

    Scott Townsend wrote:

    > I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I want
    > to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.
    >
    > Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003 OS
    > CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200. Is
    > there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?

    How about purchasing a USB floppy drive and using that instead. They are
    cheap and *very* useful.

    Tes

    I thought about the Floppy, though are the USB Drivers loaded at Setup on a
    new Install? I have one on Order...

    "Tesla" <tesla@tscore.com> wrote in message
    > Scott Townsend wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Promise FastTrack TX2200 RAID SATA controller in my PC that I
    >> want to use the drives connected to it for my Boot Drive.
    >>
    >> Though the IBM Server box that I have does not have a floppy. The Win2003
    >> OS CD does not have a built in driver for the Promise FastTrack TX2200.
    >> Is there a way to slipstream the Driver onto the Win2003 OS Install CD?
    >
    > How about purchasing a USB floppy drive and using that instead. They are
    > cheap and *very* useful.
    >
    > Tes

    Cool, I'll Check it out!

    Thanks,

    Scott Townsend wrote:

    > I thought about the Floppy, though are the USB Drivers loaded at Setup on a
    > new Install? I have one on Order...

    Yes, you don't need any drivers. They work really well (have only used
    Sony ones).

    Ash.
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

    Much to my Surprise, it was able to read a floppy... My guess that is a new
    feature with Win2003 Server/WinXP...

    Thanks!
    "Ashp" <ashleypride@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Scott Townsend wrote:
    >
    >> I thought about the Floppy, though are the USB Drivers loaded at Setup on
    >> a new Install? I have one on Order...
    >
    > Yes, you don't need any drivers. They work really well (have only used
    > Sony ones).
    >
    > Ash.

NAS / RAID Floppy Disk Windows