Licensing Question/Problem

I have a Windows 2000 server and noticed in the license manager the following
exclamation point in yellow next to the Windows Server product:

Per seat purchased: 25
Per seat allocated: 32
Per server purchased: 5
Per server reached: 23

We have two servers in an active directory. The server named above is the
primary server. Most users access the other server (file services) but the
one mentioned above has a SQL database on the server which is accessed by
one department, but this same server does provide printing services to the
whole network.
Thanks for any help.
Jeff

I suggest you disable the license logging service on all your Windows
servers.
MS has given up on this component and so should you.
It is disabled by default in W2K3 server.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824196
Pay particular attention to the functionality tests section of the article.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security

"Jeff T" <JeffT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows 2000 server and noticed in the license manager the
>following
> exclamation point in yellow next to the Windows Server product:
>
> Per seat purchased: 25
> Per seat allocated: 32
> Per server purchased: 5
> Per server reached: 23
>
> We have two servers in an active directory. The server named above is the
> primary server. Most users access the other server (file services) but the
> one mentioned above has a SQL database on the server which is accessed by
> one department, but this same server does provide printing services to the
> whole network.
> Thanks for any help.
> Jeff

I will give it a shot.