Need some facts and opinions!

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
How do i tell when my GPU (i have a geforce 7600 GT) is running at max?
Does it just get really low FPS untill it just freezes? Also when it does run at max does your Cpu take over and help the Gpu?

Also im thinking of getting the geforce 8800 GTS for most of the reason being that it has DX10, can a DX9 card play a DX10 game by like minimum settings or is it impossible?

What would be a card that can max all settings on BF2142 and oblvion at a 1024 res and another card for 1600 resolution? ( i think its 1600 srry i dont know all the resolutions)

If i made some noob mistake plz dont flame me just tell me (im still learning)

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Well your card will always be running at its max speed in games and you'll get as many FPS as it can push out. That may be plenty, like 60 FPS, or unplayable, like 5 FPS. If a game you play gets unplayable FPS and your hardware is working at its specifications, you need a better card.

The CPU will never take over and help the GPU. When it comes to GPU tasks, even the fastest CPU there is would be seriously outmuscled by even a low end card like the 7600GT.

A DX9 card cannot play DX10 games in DX10 mode. DX10 games will still support DX9, but you won't get the DX10 features.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Time flies i wish it would come to a near grinding halt. I actually couldnt play FF7 graphics sucked of course i didnt try to play it till after i go 10 than im like wow and started playing 9 8 and 7 sucked bad so i couldnt play (sucked graphic wise)

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
The only problem i had was graphics it was so fuzzy story was awesome and ya people not missing when you walk into was a GREAT accomplishment. imagine if they never fixed that.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
i dunno i liked ff8 in that ppl didnt suddenly disappear when they walk into you.

Lol, true, but remember context. FF7 was unprecedented for that era--remember this is 1997! To me, FF7 became a role model and standard as far as many rpg's made for years after it was released. The characters are unforgettable, while I barely remember the characters names from other final fantasy series games most of the time, I can still SPELL Sephiroth without looking up his name. That in and of itself speaks volumes coming from me :)

brick88

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
ooo yeah ff7 is by far the best imo. i hated the weapon creation system in ff8. actually i liked ff9 cuz of the system. but ff7 definitely had the best story imo.

Lionhardt

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
lol, i remember the time like 3 years ago when i got to the end of ff7, and was fighting the last version of sephiroth, and all we had we're our "power" moves *i forget* and i fukkin p00ned him with omnislash, and was like "wow, i beat the legendary ff7, i fukked up sephiroth, holy god damn shit im tellin papa and momma and little mikey"

brick88

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
did you ever beat emerald and ruby weapon? i found ruby to be the harder of the two. the two hardest super bosses in any of them. the optional boss in ff9 came close but it really just required a high level. no absurd final attack that emerald had where if it died it would automatically deal instant death unless u had the final attack materia mastered.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
did you ever beat emerald and ruby weapon? i found ruby to be the harder of the two. the two hardest super bosses in any of them. the optional boss in ff9 came close but it really just required a high level. no absurd final attack that emerald had where if it died it would automatically deal instant death unless u had the final attack materia mastered.

Yup. Final attack paired with mastered Phoenix Summon was the way to go. Honestly, the only reason I ever beat ruby was because I just happened to get the "Luckey 7" when the "Regen" wore off :)

blade85

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
eh its arright....but ff-x is waay better. x-2 was them milking the series for every last drop. I still got the game though :lol: :lol: :lol:

i get the feeling we are going off topic here :roll: :lol: