Upgrading from Evaluation copy to Fully licensed software

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 28, 2005 4:58:16 PM

How do I upgrade a Windows 2003 Enterprise system from the Evaluation copy
that it was initially loaded with? I do have the Volume license CD now with
a proper version of the server OS but I could find no documentation on how to
get it out of the Evaluation mode into a production fully licensed mode.

More about : upgrading evaluation copy fully licensed software

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:19:38 PM

If you are running the trial (evaluation) version of Windows Server 2003,
you can upgrade to the retail version by running Setup again using the retail
media. For details, see the procedure "To complete an upgrade":

To complete an upgrade
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/upgrade/...

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816579

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"techdude" wrote:

| How do I upgrade a Windows 2003 Enterprise system from the Evaluation copy
| that it was initially loaded with? I do have the Volume license CD now with
| a proper version of the server OS but I could find no documentation on how to
| get it out of the Evaluation mode into a production fully licensed mode.
February 19, 2013 9:45:48 AM

you will need these files from a legit copy of windows. dpcdll.dl_, oembios.bi_, oembios.ca_, oembios.da_, oembios.si_, pidgen.dll, setupp.ini, setupreg.hiv
!