Upgrading from Evaluation copy to Fully licensed software

How do I upgrade a Windows 2003 Enterprise system from the Evaluation copy
that it was initially loaded with? I do have the Volume license CD now with
a proper version of the server OS but I could find no documentation on how to
get it out of the Evaluation mode into a production fully licensed mode.
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading evaluation copy fully licensed software

    If you are running the trial (evaluation) version of Windows Server 2003,
    you can upgrade to the retail version by running Setup again using the retail
    media. For details, see the procedure "To complete an upgrade":

    To complete an upgrade
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/upgrade/default.mspx

    How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows Server 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816579

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "techdude" wrote:

    | How do I upgrade a Windows 2003 Enterprise system from the Evaluation copy
    | that it was initially loaded with? I do have the Volume license CD now with
    | a proper version of the server OS but I could find no documentation on how to
    | get it out of the Evaluation mode into a production fully licensed mode.
  2. you will need these files from a legit copy of windows. dpcdll.dl_, oembios.bi_, oembios.ca_, oembios.da_, oembios.si_, pidgen.dll, setupp.ini, setupreg.hiv

Windows Server 2003 Software Windows