Delete con.tif

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 30, 2005 7:49:51 PM

Hi,
I have a server that every so often generates a file called"con.tif" If I
try to delete the file the system tells me that it can't because the path
does not exist or is invalid. Could somebody tell me a way to correct this
file and then delete it.

Thanks
Kenneth

More about : delete con tif

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:37:46 AM

"Kenneth Keeley" <kenkeeley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a server that every so often generates a file called"con.tif" If
> try to delete the file the system tells me that it can't because the path
> does not exist or is invalid. Could somebody tell me a way to correct this
> file and then delete it.
>
> Thanks
> Kenneth

Try this:
- Click Start / Run
- Type cmd {OK}
- Type this:
del \\.\c:\Your Folder\Your Subfolder\con.tif {Enter}
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:46:04 PM

Thank you very much. That has worked. I have never seen the delete comand
written that way but it sure did work.

Thank you very much.
Kenneth

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

> "Kenneth Keeley" <kenkeeley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have a server that every so often generates a file called"con.tif"
If
> > try to delete the file the system tells me that it can't because the
path
> > does not exist or is invalid. Could somebody tell me a way to correct
this
> > file and then delete it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Kenneth
> >

> Try this:
> - Click Start / Run
> - Type cmd {OK}
> - Type this:
> del \\.\c:\Your Folder\Your Subfolder\con.tif {Enter}

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 1:21:01 PM

Your problem occurred because "con" is a reserved name
under all DOS/Windows operating systems. The syntax
I suggested prevents the OS from checking for reserved names.

!