Delete con.tif

Hi,
I have a server that every so often generates a file called"con.tif" If I
try to delete the file the system tells me that it can't because the path
does not exist or is invalid. Could somebody tell me a way to correct this
file and then delete it.

Thanks
Kenneth
3 answers Last reply
More about delete

    "Kenneth Keeley" <kenkeeley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a server that every so often generates a file called"con.tif" If
    > try to delete the file the system tells me that it can't because the path
    > does not exist or is invalid. Could somebody tell me a way to correct this
    > file and then delete it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kenneth

    Try this:
    - Click Start / Run
    - Type cmd {OK}
    - Type this:
    del \\.\c:\Your Folder\Your Subfolder\con.tif {Enter}

    Thank you very much. That has worked. I have never seen the delete comand
    written that way but it sure did work.

    Thank you very much.
    Kenneth

    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

    > "Kenneth Keeley" <kenkeeley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I have a server that every so often generates a file called"con.tif"
    If
    > > try to delete the file the system tells me that it can't because the
    path
    > > does not exist or is invalid. Could somebody tell me a way to correct
    this
    > > file and then delete it.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Kenneth
    > >

    > Try this:
    > - Click Start / Run
    > - Type cmd {OK}
    > - Type this:
    > del \\.\c:\Your Folder\Your Subfolder\con.tif {Enter}

    Your problem occurred because "con" is a reserved name
    under all DOS/Windows operating systems. The syntax
    I suggested prevents the OS from checking for reserved names.

    > Thank you very much. That has worked. I have never seen the delete comand
    > written that way but it sure did work.
    >
    > Thank you very much.
    > Kenneth
    >
    > "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Kenneth Keeley" <kenkeeley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I have a server that every so often generates a file called"con.tif"
    > If
    > > > try to delete the file the system tells me that it can't because the
    > path
    > > > does not exist or is invalid. Could somebody tell me a way to correct
    > this
    > > > file and then delete it.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Kenneth
    > > >

    > > Try this:
    > > - Click Start / Run
    > > - Type cmd {OK}
    > > - Type this:
    > > del \\.\c:\Your Folder\Your Subfolder\con.tif {Enter}

Microsoft Servers Windows