HP Vectra VL Drivers

I'm attempting to re-install W2K on several HP Vectra VL Series 5 machines.
These machine use a riser card, off of which are the various PCI and ISA
slots. When I install a NIC in one of the PCI slots I'm given a message on
reboot to the effect of *if you're not using HP software you need to install
drivers*

I have googled the groups and meandered around the labyrinth of HP's site
but I'm not really sure of how *exactly* these drivers would be reffered to.

Anyone know which drivers I need, and where I can obtain them.

TIA
Chris A. Kusmierz
1 answer Last reply
More about vectra drivers

    Chris Kusmierz wrote:

    > I'm attempting to re-install W2K on several HP Vectra VL Series 5 machines.
    > These machine use a riser card, off of which are the various PCI and ISA
    > slots. When I install a NIC in one of the PCI slots I'm given a message on
    > reboot to the effect of *if you're not using HP software you need to install
    > drivers*
    >
    > I have googled the groups and meandered around the labyrinth of HP's site
    > but I'm not really sure of how *exactly* these drivers would be reffered to.
    >
    > Anyone know which drivers I need, and where I can obtain them.
    >
    > TIA
    > Chris A. Kusmierz

    The message possibly means one of 2 things: If the NIC card
    is not supplied by HP, then the drivers from the maker of the
    card may be needed, usually from its site. OTOH, if the NIC
    card is a branded HP one, then the driver set that corresponds
    to it needs to be found and downloaded from the HP site. And
    there exists the possibility that driver sets, HP or non-HP,
    might not even exist for the NIC card in the Windows 2000
    version.

Drivers Hewlett Packard Windows