Pocket MSN

June 4, 2005 4:05:32 PM

On my Siemens SX66 using PPCPhone with pocket msn when I try to sign into my
MSN account account I receive a message that says JAVA Script is required.
Tech support at Cingular is clueless. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers to all!
Dan

More about : pocket msn

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 7:41:16 PM

"Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
> On my Siemens SX66 using PPCPhone with pocket msn when I try to sign into
> my MSN account account I receive a message that says JAVA Script is
> required.

There has been a lot of talk around here about javascript lately. Do a quick
http://groups.google.com search for PocketIE javascript.

I think the browser everyone is recommending is called NetFront, NetRunner,
or something like that. I'm pretty sure it starts with Net.

> Tech support at Cingular is clueless.

I've found the tech support at my provider doesn't know much about the
software on the device either. They tend to be VERY helpful when I have
questions about their network.

Good Luck.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:44:37 PM

I appreciate the tip!

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o FBfa0TaFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> "Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
>> On my Siemens SX66 using PPCPhone with pocket msn when I try to sign into
>> my MSN account account I receive a message that says JAVA Script is
>> required.
>
> There has been a lot of talk around here about javascript lately. Do a
> quick http://groups.google.com search for PocketIE javascript.
>
> I think the browser everyone is recommending is called NetFront,
> NetRunner, or something like that. I'm pretty sure it starts with Net.
>

>> Tech support at Cingular is clueless.
>
> I've found the tech support at my provider doesn't know much about the
> software on the device either. They tend to be VERY helpful when I have
> questions about their network.
>
> Good Luck.

June 5, 2005 5:02:30 PM

"Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
> On my Siemens SX66 using PPCPhone with pocket msn when I try to sign into
> my MSN account account I receive a message that says JAVA Script is
> required. Tech support at Cingular is clueless. Any thoughts on this?
>
> Cheers to all!
> Dan

Do you have MSN Messenger on your Pocket PC? Try it instead if you want to
use Meseenger only

Also, on your Pocket Internet Explorer use this URL instead of the Pocket
MSN icon:

http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc

This will not ask for Javascript, and will give access to Hotmail, and other
services.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 5:02:31 PM

Your suggestion worked very well. I appreciate your help.

I have one other question perhaps you might know an answer to. I see that MS
Windows Mobile 5 has been released to production. Any idea when it will be
generally available?

Thanks, Dan

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> "Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
>> On my Siemens SX66 using PPCPhone with pocket msn when I try to sign into
>> my MSN account account I receive a message that says JAVA Script is
>> required. Tech support at Cingular is clueless. Any thoughts on this?
>>
>> Cheers to all!
>> Dan
>
> Do you have MSN Messenger on your Pocket PC? Try it instead if you want to
> use Meseenger only
>
> Also, on your Pocket Internet Explorer use this URL instead of the Pocket
> MSN icon:
>
> http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc
>
> This will not ask for Javascript, and will give access to Hotmail, and
> other services.

> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
> Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 9:25:14 PM

It is being supplied to manufacturers. It is up to each one to decide when
and if a new mobile device with this OS will be available. In general there
are rumours of new devices coming on 3rd and 4th Q05.

HP and Dell have announced updates will be available for a few models.

news:o KXImhXaFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Your suggestion worked very well. I appreciate your help.
>
> I have one other question perhaps you might know an answer to. I see that
> MS Windows Mobile 5 has been released to production. Any idea when it will
> be generally available?
>
> Thanks, Dan
>

> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
>>> On my Siemens SX66 using PPCPhone with pocket msn when I try to sign
>>> into my MSN account account I receive a message that says JAVA Script is
>>> required. Tech support at Cingular is clueless. Any thoughts on this?
>>>
>>> Cheers to all!
>>> Dan
>>
>> Do you have MSN Messenger on your Pocket PC? Try it instead if you want
>> to use Meseenger only
>>
>> Also, on your Pocket Internet Explorer use this URL instead of the Pocket
>> MSN icon:
>>
>> http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc
>>
>> This will not ask for Javascript, and will give access to Hotmail, and
>> other services.
>>
>> --
>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>> Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 9:56:21 AM

Will the the new OS be available to install on existing devices or will it
not work on existing devices?

Thanks for your insights.

> It is being supplied to manufacturers. It is up to each one to decide when
> and if a new mobile device with this OS will be available. In general
> there are rumours of new devices coming on 3rd and 4th Q05.
>
> HP and Dell have announced updates will be available for a few models.

> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
> Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
>

> "Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
> news:o KXImhXaFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Your suggestion worked very well. I appreciate your help.
>>
>> I have one other question perhaps you might know an answer to. I see that
>> MS Windows Mobile 5 has been released to production. Any idea when it
>> will be generally available?
>>
>> Thanks, Dan
>>

>> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:%23VsrwoWaFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> "Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message

>>> Do you have MSN Messenger on your Pocket PC? Try it instead if you want
>>> to use Meseenger only
>>>
>>> Also, on your Pocket Internet Explorer use this URL instead of the
>>> Pocket MSN icon:
>>>
>>> http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc
>>>
>>> This will not ask for Javascript, and will give access to Hotmail, and
>>> other services.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>>> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>>> Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
>>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:51:55 AM

It depends on what devices you want it. HP will be making the update
available for some models only:

Dell will make it available for the Axim x50 only:

ROM updates are specific for each device model.

-

> Will the the new OS be available to install on existing devices or will it
> not work on existing devices?
>
> Thanks for your insights.
>

> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> It is being supplied to manufacturers. It is up to each one to decide
>> when and if a new mobile device with this OS will be available. In
>> general there are rumours of new devices coming on 3rd and 4th Q05.
>>
>> HP and Dell have announced updates will be available for a few models.
>>
>> --
>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>> Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
>>

>> "Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
>> news:o KXImhXaFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Your suggestion worked very well. I appreciate your help.
>>>
>>> I have one other question perhaps you might know an answer to. I see
>>> that MS Windows Mobile 5 has been released to production. Any idea when
>>> it will be generally available?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Dan
>>>

>>> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
>>> message news:%23VsrwoWaFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 10:20:12 AM

I have a SiemensSX66 and have not been able to find any info from either
Siemens or Cingular. Perhaps you have some access to information about this.
Thanks for all your help.

> It depends on what devices you want it. HP will be making the update
> available for some models only:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4470
>
> Dell will make it available for the Axim x50 only:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4467
>

> ROM updates are specific for each device model.
>
> -
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
> Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
>
> "Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
>> Will the the new OS be available to install on existing devices or will
>> it not work on existing devices?
>>
>> Thanks for your insights.
>>

>> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:%23sirI7YaFHA.740@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> It is being supplied to manufacturers. It is up to each one to decide
>>> when and if a new mobile device with this OS will be available. In
>>> general there are rumours of new devices coming on 3rd and 4th Q05.
>>>
>>> HP and Dell have announced updates will be available for a few models.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>>> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>>> Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
>>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
>>>

>>> "Dan Buckles" <dan.buckles@e-surety.net> wrote in message
>>> news:o KXImhXaFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 12:55:48 AM

I don't think Siemens will make an update available, now that the mobile
business was sold - perhaps the new owner, BenQ might work on this...

news:o Yip6XPbFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!