share folder config on file server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 16, 2005 11:21:02 PM

I am going to config a share folder on a file server so that the users are
given the right to read the file. the question is how to config it to let
users only can read and can not print the file in this folder. Note: the file
is word, excel, and powerpoint files. Thank you.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 1:18:23 AM

You can't. If they can read it they can print it.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"lasso" wrote:
|I am going to config a share folder on a file server so that the users are
| given the right to read the file. the question is how to config it to let
| users only can read and can not print the file in this folder. Note: the
file
| is word, excel, and powerpoint files. Thank you.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 11:33:01 PM

I see. Thank you for your answer.

“Dave Patrick�编写:

> You can't. If they can read it they can print it.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "lasso" wrote:
> |I am going to config a share folder on a file server so that the users are
> | given the right to read the file. the question is how to config it to let
> | users only can read and can not print the file in this folder. Note: the
> file
> | is word, excel, and powerpoint files. Thank you.

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 1:22:56 AM

You're welcome.

--