can't right click after hibernation

March 20, 2005 12:19:02 PM

I have a Gateway laptop with XP Home Edition. I recently bought a new
mouse, a Kensington Pocket Mouse LE model# K72218. I downloaded and
installed the software from their website. I had lots of problems after
that. I tried to uninstall the software, it wouldn't uninstall. I
contacted their tech support by phone, which didn't help me at all. So I
tried to get rid of it by doing a system restore back to before I downloaded
the software. But that lost a different program I downloaded after that. I
went back and forth trying to find a spot where the computer worked and I
had the other software I wanted. The last time I tried I couldn't do a
restore, the computer just froze up, and there was a message about virtual
memory. After several calls to Kensingtion tech supp I did get the software
off my computer and everything seems to be working now EXCEPT after I wake
up the computer after hibernation, I can't right click. To be able to use
right click, I have to restart the computer and then the right click works.
Kensington finally told me that the mouse was probably defective and sent me
a new one. It just arrived. I put the computer into hibernation to test it
out and the new mouse is the same as the first one--it will not right click.
I tried my old mouse and I can right click with that.
Any ideas on how to solve this problem??
Thank you for any help you can give me.

More about : click hibernation

March 20, 2005 3:31:54 PM

Mice are cheep, get a new one. Not worth the head ache.

"Eileen" <Eileen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Gateway laptop with XP Home Edition. I recently bought a new
> mouse, a Kensington Pocket Mouse LE model# K72218. I downloaded and
> installed the software from their website. I had lots of problems after
> that. I tried to uninstall the software, it wouldn't uninstall. I
> contacted their tech support by phone, which didn't help me at all. So I
> tried to get rid of it by doing a system restore back to before I
downloaded
> the software. But that lost a different program I downloaded after that.
> went back and forth trying to find a spot where the computer worked and I
> had the other software I wanted. The last time I tried I couldn't do a
> restore, the computer just froze up, and there was a message about virtual
> memory. After several calls to Kensingtion tech supp I did get the
software
> off my computer and everything seems to be working now EXCEPT after I wake
> up the computer after hibernation, I can't right click. To be able to use
> right click, I have to restart the computer and then the right click
works.
> Kensington finally told me that the mouse was probably defective and sent
me
> a new one. It just arrived. I put the computer into hibernation to test
it
> out and the new mouse is the same as the first one--it will not right
click.
> I tried my old mouse and I can right click with that.
> Any ideas on how to solve this problem??
> Thank you for any help you can give me.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 6:00:55 AM

Salut/Hi Shaun,

le/on Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:31:54 -0800, tu disais/you said:-

>> a new one. It just arrived. I put the computer into hibernation to test
>it
>> out and the new mouse is the same as the first one--it will not right
>click.
>> I tried my old mouse and I can right click with that.
>> Any ideas on how to solve this problem??
>> Thank you for any help you can give me.

>Mice are cheep, get a new one. Not worth the head ache.

I notice you're not offering to buy her one! (vbg).

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare