can't right click after hibernation

I have a Gateway laptop with XP Home Edition. I recently bought a new
mouse, a Kensington Pocket Mouse LE model# K72218. I downloaded and
installed the software from their website. I had lots of problems after
that. I tried to uninstall the software, it wouldn't uninstall. I
contacted their tech support by phone, which didn't help me at all. So I
tried to get rid of it by doing a system restore back to before I downloaded
the software. But that lost a different program I downloaded after that. I
went back and forth trying to find a spot where the computer worked and I
had the other software I wanted. The last time I tried I couldn't do a
restore, the computer just froze up, and there was a message about virtual
memory. After several calls to Kensingtion tech supp I did get the software
off my computer and everything seems to be working now EXCEPT after I wake
up the computer after hibernation, I can't right click. To be able to use
right click, I have to restart the computer and then the right click works.
Kensington finally told me that the mouse was probably defective and sent me
a new one. It just arrived. I put the computer into hibernation to test it
out and the new mouse is the same as the first one--it will not right click.
I tried my old mouse and I can right click with that.
Any ideas on how to solve this problem??
Thank you for any help you can give me.
2 answers Last reply
More about click hibernation

    Mice are cheep, get a new one. Not worth the head ache.

    "Eileen" <Eileen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Gateway laptop with XP Home Edition. I recently bought a new
    > mouse, a Kensington Pocket Mouse LE model# K72218. I downloaded and
    > installed the software from their website. I had lots of problems after
    > that. I tried to uninstall the software, it wouldn't uninstall. I
    > contacted their tech support by phone, which didn't help me at all. So I
    > tried to get rid of it by doing a system restore back to before I
    downloaded
    > the software. But that lost a different program I downloaded after that.
    > went back and forth trying to find a spot where the computer worked and I
    > had the other software I wanted. The last time I tried I couldn't do a
    > restore, the computer just froze up, and there was a message about virtual
    > memory. After several calls to Kensingtion tech supp I did get the
    software
    > off my computer and everything seems to be working now EXCEPT after I wake
    > up the computer after hibernation, I can't right click. To be able to use
    > right click, I have to restart the computer and then the right click
    works.
    > Kensington finally told me that the mouse was probably defective and sent
    me
    > a new one. It just arrived. I put the computer into hibernation to test
    it
    > out and the new mouse is the same as the first one--it will not right
    click.
    > I tried my old mouse and I can right click with that.
    > Any ideas on how to solve this problem??
    > Thank you for any help you can give me.

    Salut/Hi Shaun,

    le/on Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:31:54 -0800, tu disais/you said:-

    >> a new one. It just arrived. I put the computer into hibernation to test
    >it
    >> out and the new mouse is the same as the first one--it will not right
    >click.
    >> I tried my old mouse and I can right click with that.
    >> Any ideas on how to solve this problem??
    >> Thank you for any help you can give me.

    >Mice are cheep, get a new one. Not worth the head ache.

    I notice you're not offering to buy her one! (vbg).

    --
    All the Best
    Ian Hoare

Software Windows XP