Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urge..

Dear All,

Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urgently

I am using windows 2000 sp4 profession. Expect my computer was inflected by
Blaster Worn and computer keep on restart.

After I enter services.msc and select stop use RPC and install
Windows2000-KB823980-x86-CHT.exe and reboot the computer. The auto
restart is fixed.

BUT a serious problem come up! when I enter services.msc and try to re-set
the RPC to auto mode, found it is locked and not allow me to change the
RPC setting. Also I can't connect to internet.

Can you please advise how to unlock or turn on the RPC again

Many many thx for your advise.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem remote procedure call urge

    From the recovery console command prompt;

    enable rpcss service_auto_start

    To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000
    Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. If you do not have Setup
    floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD,
    use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks. At
    the "Welcome to Setup" screen. Press F10 or R to repair a Windows 2000
    installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console. The Recovery
    Console then prompts you for the administrator password. If you do not have
    the correct password, Recovery Console does not allow access to the
    computer. If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Recovery
    Console quits and restarts the computer. Note If the registry is corrupted
    or missing or no valid installations are found, the Recovery Console starts
    in the root of the startup volume without requiring a password. You cannot
    access any folders, but you can carry out commands such as chkdsk, fixboot,
    and fixmbr for limited disk repairs. Once the password has been validated,
    you have full access to the Recovery Console, but limited access to the hard
    disk. You can only access the following folders on your computer: drive
    root, %systemroot% or %windir%

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "123" wrote:
    | Dear All,
    |
    | Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urgently
    |
    | I am using windows 2000 sp4 profession. Expect my computer was inflected
    by
    | Blaster Worn and computer keep on restart.
    |
    | After I enter services.msc and select stop use RPC and install
    | Windows2000-KB823980-x86-CHT.exe and reboot the computer. The auto
    | restart is fixed.
    |
    | BUT a serious problem come up! when I enter services.msc and try to
    re-set
    | the RPC to auto mode, found it is locked and not allow me to change the
    | RPC setting. Also I can't connect to internet.
    |
    | Can you please advise how to unlock or turn on the RPC again
    |
    | Many many thx for your advise.

RPC Computers Windows 2000 Windows