secur32.dll not copied in text mode

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 28, 2005 3:56:01 AM

Howdy, I'm just trying to install server 2003 on an older thrown together
computer. it meets all the minimum requirements, but I'm installing it to
the second partition on my hd. Everytime it tries to copy the files in text
mode, it stops at 3%, and says it can't copy the secur32.dll file. Of course
if I skip it, the entire setup botches. I've got the msdn ISO, so I've tried
it from the iso, on two different cd drives, and I've even disabled the dma
and and put pio to 0....still no luck, always stopping at secur32.dll. I'm
thinking it's the ISO!? Any suggestions?

More about : secur32 dll copied text mode

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 12:58:01 PM

Hi,
If you have any other installation on the hdd, boot through it and give full
control to system and administrator on your partitions and inherit the
permissions on all child objects.
Check your RAM for any hardware issues.

Lukesh

"secur32.dll missing in text mode" wrote:

> Howdy, I'm just trying to install server 2003 on an older thrown together
> computer. it meets all the minimum requirements, but I'm installing it to
> the second partition on my hd. Everytime it tries to copy the files in text
> mode, it stops at 3%, and says it can't copy the secur32.dll file. Of course
> if I skip it, the entire setup botches. I've got the msdn ISO, so I've tried
> it from the iso, on two different cd drives, and I've even disabled the dma
> and and put pio to 0....still no luck, always stopping at secur32.dll. I'm
> thinking it's the ISO!? Any suggestions?
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:33:58 AM

Well I've installed xpp on the other partition and it went though without a
hitch. I downloaded the same iso from msdn and burnt it to a cd. It went
through without a hitch! I was quite suprised to say the least. I tried the
iso from the hd and on the cd and they both are the same size...didn't make
any sence to me.

"lukesh" wrote:

> Hi,
> If you have any other installation on the hdd, boot through it and give full
> control to system and administrator on your partitions and inherit the
> permissions on all child objects.
> Check your RAM for any hardware issues.
>
> Lukesh
>

> "secur32.dll missing in text mode" wrote:
>
> > Howdy, I'm just trying to install server 2003 on an older thrown together
> > computer. it meets all the minimum requirements, but I'm installing it to
> > the second partition on my hd. Everytime it tries to copy the files in text
> > mode, it stops at 3%, and says it can't copy the secur32.dll file. Of course
> > if I skip it, the entire setup botches. I've got the msdn ISO, so I've tried
> > it from the iso, on two different cd drives, and I've even disabled the dma
> > and and put pio to 0....still no luck, always stopping at secur32.dll. I'm
> > thinking it's the ISO!? Any suggestions?
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:35:16 AM

Hi,
Have you tried any other windows server cd? May be it is in the iso.

!