Tried using the Makedsk32... Disk #1 gets errors

Dave...

Followed your instructions, extracted the four floppies, then tried to
boot with Floppy #1. Got the following error when it was checking system:

DISK I/O error: Status = 00001000
NT Detect Failed

I'll wait for further instructions.

Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about tried makedsk32 disk errors

    It will be easier to follow if you keep this in the same thread. How are you
    creating the floppies? Why aren't you booting the Windows 2000 install
    CD-Rom? Much simpler process.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mike" wrote:
    | Dave...
    |
    | Followed your instructions, extracted the four floppies, then tried to
    | boot with Floppy #1. Got the following error when it was checking system:
    |
    | DISK I/O error: Status = 00001000
    | NT Detect Failed
    |
    | I'll wait for further instructions.
    |
    | Mike