Please read my (mild) petition for NewEgg's Shipping

mw__happycamper

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Hi folks,

I am petitioning NewEgg to include a predicted arrival date in their shopping cart. Because their fine print reads that orders may take up to two days to process and that the date of shipment doesn't count toward transit-time, an overnight delivery may in fact take several days. What's worse, inquiries are not necessarily answered in a direct and honest manner which would allow a potential customer to cancel an order and shop elsewhere. Because this contrasts so sharply to competitors such as Amazon who clearly state when a product will arrive even before beginning the order process, I am petitioning NewEgg to change these behaviors.

You do not have to believe that NewEgg does a poor job to get behind this petition. I ask only for requesting more transparent disclosure. Please read the petition, here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/neweggshipping , and consider offering your support. If you are in a position to influence others to lend their support, so much the better. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
mw_happycamper

mw__happycamper

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Thank you kindly, sir. I don't have much experience with this kind of stuff, but I wanted to make sure that my requests were reasonable and written with a detached flavor.

JordoR

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
While I agree with your complaint (it seems a few people have had the same thing) and it is logical because it should count against the total shipping time... I just don't agree with the effectiveness of petitions.

First of all I mean no disrespect and I'm not trying to deter you from the cause, but so many people seem to think petitions will work. What do they ever accomplish? You gather a bunch of signatures of people and then present it to the company... but in the company's perspective... most of the people you have on your list may be friends/family members/or people that didn't even both to read the whole point of the petition.

This is why I believe petitions are largely ignored, and I have an article on this same matter which was presented by a well known author... but unfortunately I'm at work and don't have the link. Even if you could somehow gather 1000 or even 10,000 petitions... I just don't think it could influence Newegg's policy much.

I wish you all the best in trying to make a difference, but I think maybe an email or phone call would achieve the same result as you hope this petition to. Or maybe I'm completely off base here and they will see the petition and change....