DQ6 CPU Fan Problem-Please Help

Jaholibop

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
I just built my new rig...DQ6, OCZ 700W PS, 2Gig of Ram, X1950XT..and Im proud of it except for one little thing...the damn CPU Fan wont spin. I bought a Zalman Big Typhoon, and with a little modding got it installed. However, to get the damn thing to start I have to physically blow on the fan to kick start it. After it gets running, it has run for 6 days straight without a hiccup. I immediately thought I got a bad fan motor so I got a free replacement from Zalman, and guess what...same problem. The forums suggested it was a problem in the bios, so i made sure and turned off smart fan or whatever. The Big Typhoon is a 3 pin fan connector, I don't know if thats a problem or not. I would think I have plenty of juice with the PS I have. The fan tries to start, it moves a couple of inches, and then dies, and then I get the inevitable fan fail warning and the cpu shuts down on me. Please give me some suggestions....Thanks a bunch

Jaholibop

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
After reading the various posts in the forum I was so thankful that the fix would be so easy...unfortunately I have smart fan disabled and that didn't fix the problem. Remember, the damn fan works fine once I "kick start" it by blowing on it. Please keep throwing out those suggestions, I need them.

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
It could possibly a bad intel stock fan because if you have to give it a "kick start" then yeah. I would just suggest buying an after market cooler.