Keep same settings for all users

Hi,

I want to change the default settings on a Windows 2000 machine (this
includes settings in Office 2000 also) so that whoever logs in will have
those settings, not the windoes default. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks

Omar
4 answers Last reply
More about keep settings users

    For new users. You can create a profile the way you like it, then while
    logged on as another user with local administrative rights Control
    Panel|System|User Profiles, select the profile you adjusted, Copy To, Browse
    %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User
    Change "Permitted to use:" to "Everyone" OK

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Dr Omar" wrote:
    | Hi,
    |
    | I want to change the default settings on a Windows 2000 machine (this
    | includes settings in Office 2000 also) so that whoever logs in will have
    | those settings, not the windoes default. How do I go about doing this?
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Omar

    Thanks, thats sorted the issue!

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > For new users. You can create a profile the way you like it, then while
    > logged on as another user with local administrative rights Control
    > Panel|System|User Profiles, select the profile you adjusted, Copy To, Browse
    > %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User
    > Change "Permitted to use:" to "Everyone" OK
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Dr Omar" wrote:
    > | Hi,
    > |
    > | I want to change the default settings on a Windows 2000 machine (this
    > | includes settings in Office 2000 also) so that whoever logs in will have
    > | those settings, not the windoes default. How do I go about doing this?
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > |
    > | Omar

    Actually... It worked on an XP machine, but the 2000 machine hasn't got a
    Default User - I tried copying it to the All Users account but that didnt
    work...

    Any help would be appreciated

    "Dr Omar" wrote:

    > Thanks, thats sorted the issue!
    >
    > "Dave Patrick" wrote:
    >
    > > For new users. You can create a profile the way you like it, then while
    > > logged on as another user with local administrative rights Control
    > > Panel|System|User Profiles, select the profile you adjusted, Copy To, Browse
    > > %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User
    > > Change "Permitted to use:" to "Everyone" OK
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    > > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    > >
    > > "Dr Omar" wrote:
    > > | Hi,
    > > |
    > > | I want to change the default settings on a Windows 2000 machine (this
    > > | includes settings in Office 2000 also) so that whoever logs in will have
    > > | those settings, not the windoes default. How do I go about doing this?
    > > |
    > > | Thanks
    > > |
    > > | Omar

    Explorer|Tools|Folder Options|View, then radio button for "Show hidden files
    and folders", then uncheck the box for "Hide protected operating system
    files"

    If you really did that then you destroyed the folder.

    --

    "Dr Omar" wrote:
    | Actually... It worked on an XP machine, but the 2000 machine hasn't got a
    | Default User - I tried copying it to the All Users account but that didnt
    | work...
    |
    | Any help would be appreciated

Default Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows