Keep same settings for all users

Hi,

I want to change the default settings on a Windows 2000 machine (this
includes settings in Office 2000 also) so that whoever logs in will have
those settings, not the windoes default. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks

Omar

For new users. You can create a profile the way you like it, then while
logged on as another user with local administrative rights Control
Panel|System|User Profiles, select the profile you adjusted, Copy To, Browse
%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User
Change "Permitted to use:" to "Everyone" OK

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dr Omar" wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I want to change the default settings on a Windows 2000 machine (this
| includes settings in Office 2000 also) so that whoever logs in will have
| those settings, not the windoes default. How do I go about doing this?
|
| Thanks
|
| Omar

Thanks, thats sorted the issue!

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> For new users. You can create a profile the way you like it, then while
> logged on as another user with local administrative rights Control
> Panel|System|User Profiles, select the profile you adjusted, Copy To, Browse
> %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User
> Change "Permitted to use:" to "Everyone" OK
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Dr Omar" wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | I want to change the default settings on a Windows 2000 machine (this
> | includes settings in Office 2000 also) so that whoever logs in will have
> | those settings, not the windoes default. How do I go about doing this?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | Omar

Actually... It worked on an XP machine, but the 2000 machine hasn't got a
Default User - I tried copying it to the All Users account but that didnt
work...

Any help would be appreciated

"Dr Omar" wrote:

> Thanks, thats sorted the issue!
>
> "Dave Patrick" wrote:
>
> > For new users. You can create a profile the way you like it, then while
> > logged on as another user with local administrative rights Control
> > Panel|System|User Profiles, select the profile you adjusted, Copy To, Browse
> > %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User
> > Change "Permitted to use:" to "Everyone" OK
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
> > Microsoft Certified Professional
> > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
> >
> > "Dr Omar" wrote:
> > | Hi,
> > |
> > | I want to change the default settings on a Windows 2000 machine (this
> > | includes settings in Office 2000 also) so that whoever logs in will have
> > | those settings, not the windoes default. How do I go about doing this?
> > |
> > | Thanks
> > |
> > | Omar

Explorer|Tools|Folder Options|View, then radio button for "Show hidden files
and folders", then uncheck the box for "Hide protected operating system
files"

If you really did that then you destroyed the folder.