Cluster

Hi

Can't see a win server 2003 group so sorry for posting here.

I'm new to clustering. Have just setup the cluster service on an HP
proliant DL380 cluster and have a couple of questions.

On the shared storage unit there are two disk arrays. One is controlled
by each node. On node one the local disks are C,D and the shared array
is F. On node two the local disks are C,D and the shared array is E.

If you use explorer to look at the cluster you can see the shares that
are setup on the F drive on Node A but you cannot see the shares on the
E drive on Node B.

If you look at the Node B server you can see the C,D and E drives in
explorer. If you look in explorer on Node A you can see C,D,F and E is
also listed but not accessible. WOuld the fact that Node A has this
drive listed be causing problems with the share not showing up on the
cluster under explorer?

Try asking in;
windows.server.clustering

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"David Jenkins" <davidD0Tjenkins@cmgD0TcoD0TnzSPAMSUX> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can't see a win server 2003 group so sorry for posting here.
>
> I'm new to clustering. Have just setup the cluster service on an HP
> proliant DL380 cluster and have a couple of questions.
>
> On the shared storage unit there are two disk arrays. One is controlled by
> each node. On node one the local disks are C,D and the shared array is F.
> On node two the local disks are C,D and the shared array is E.
>
> If you use explorer to look at the cluster you can see the shares that are
> setup on the F drive on Node A but you cannot see the shares on the E
> drive on Node B.
>
> If you look at the Node B server you can see the C,D and E drives in
> explorer. If you look in explorer on Node A you can see C,D,F and E is
> also listed but not accessible. WOuld the fact that Node A has this drive
> listed be causing problems with the share not showing up on the cluster
> under explorer?

It sounds like drive E is a shared resource, and drive F is set up only on
Node A.

As a shared resource, E will show up on both systems, however it will only
be accessible from the system that has control of that resource.

Does drive F show up as a shared resource in cluster manager? If not, you
need to make it cluster aware...

Cheers,

Tim