Services conflict

Hi,

On our Window2000 Server (DHCP server), we have 2 services which remains all
the time with status "starting" and "stopping:

F-Secure Authentication Agent ----> "stopping"
APC PBE Agent ----> "starting"

Since installation of these 2 software, the server is very instable and
trying to do something on these 2 services leads to a crash.

Could someone explain me how I could:
1. disable both services
2. remove both software (probably easy when 1 is done)

Thanks,
Hubert

Run regedit, navigate to;
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\"service short name"
then set the Reg_Dword value of "Start" to the desired value. Probably 0x4

0x0 "Boot" Represents a part of the driver stack for the boot volume and
must therefore be loaded by the Boot Loader.
0x1 "System" Represents a driver to be loaded subsystem at Kernel
initialization.
0x2 "Automatic" To be loaded or started automatically for all startups,
regardless of service type.
0x3 "Manual" Available, regardless of type, but will not be started until
the user starts it (for example, by using the Devices icon in Control
Panel).
0x4 "Disabled" NOT TO BE STARTED UNDER ANY CONDITIONS.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Hubert Rétif" wrote:
| Hi,
|
| On our Window2000 Server (DHCP server), we have 2 services which remains
all
| the time with status "starting" and "stopping:
|
| F-Secure Authentication Agent ----> "stopping"
| APC PBE Agent ----> "starting"
|
| Since installation of these 2 software, the server is very instable and
| trying to do something on these 2 services leads to a crash.
|
| Could someone explain me how I could:
| 1. disable both services
| 2. remove both software (probably easy when 1 is done)
|
| Thanks,
| Hubert

Thanks a lot Dave,
Hubert.

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Run regedit, navigate to;
> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\"service short name"
> then set the Reg_Dword value of "Start" to the desired value. Probably 0x4
>
> 0x0 "Boot" Represents a part of the driver stack for the boot volume and
> must therefore be loaded by the Boot Loader.
> 0x1 "System" Represents a driver to be loaded subsystem at Kernel
> initialization.
> 0x2 "Automatic" To be loaded or started automatically for all startups,
> regardless of service type.
> 0x3 "Manual" Available, regardless of type, but will not be started until
> the user starts it (for example, by using the Devices icon in Control
> Panel).
> 0x4 "Disabled" NOT TO BE STARTED UNDER ANY CONDITIONS.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Hubert Rétif" wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | On our Window2000 Server (DHCP server), we have 2 services which remains
> all
> | the time with status "starting" and "stopping:
> |
> | F-Secure Authentication Agent ----> "stopping"
> | APC PBE Agent ----> "starting"
> |
> | Since installation of these 2 software, the server is very instable and
> | trying to do something on these 2 services leads to a crash.
> |
> | Could someone explain me how I could:
> | 1. disable both services
> | 2. remove both software (probably easy when 1 is done)
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Hubert

You're welcome.