Something strange on pokemon Sapphire/Ruby version...

Hi
I have a question about the pokemon Sapphire/Ruby games. When I'm
playing the game, just walking around, minding my own business,
something wierd happens. A strange noise occours, like a pokemon cry,
but I'm not even in battle. I wasn't even in the tall grass. I'm just
walking around and it happend. Does anybody know whats up with that?
I my sister was playing her Ruby version, (I have Sapphire,) and she
also heard it on hers, too. (She said "What the heck was that?" so I
know I'm not crazy.) If anyone has any expertis to share, then please
share it...

THANKS

"Corey Anderson" <corey33p@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a question about the pokemon Sapphire/Ruby games. When I'm
> playing the game, just walking around, minding my own business,
> something wierd happens. A strange noise occours, like a pokemon cry,
> but I'm not even in battle. I wasn't even in the tall grass. I'm just
> walking around and it happend. Does anybody know whats up with that?
> I my sister was playing her Ruby version, (I have Sapphire,) and she
> also heard it on hers, too. (She said "What the heck was that?" so I
> know I'm not crazy.) If anyone has any expertis to share, then please
> share it...
>
> THANKS

I don't know the answer to this but I've had it happen on my Ruby game too,
specifically sometimes in the music in the Lost Desert place. It hasn't
happened to me that much lately but then usually when I play Ruby I've been
doing Battle Tower battles.

--
-- Pokemon Trainer Mike in shortened form.

Member of the BBB Junior Strike Force
Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
Full BBB Member Application forever lost in AGNP's space-time continuum

Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
(http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

I have:

1 I Love Mango's Point
5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
5 Binary Poster Points
10 Jax Points
15 Y2Tech Points
20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
25 WAM Points
85 BBB Points
10000 Pikachuumon Points

150 Pokemon in my Blue version...
150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...
249 Pokemon in my Silver version...
249 Pokemon in my Gold version...
249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...
90 Pokemon in my Ruby version...

Corey Anderson wrote:
> Hi
> I have a question about the pokemon Sapphire/Ruby games. When I'm
> playing the game, just walking around, minding my own business,
> something wierd happens. A strange noise occours, like a pokemon cry,
> but I'm not even in battle. I wasn't even in the tall grass. I'm just
> walking around and it happend. Does anybody know whats up with that?
> I my sister was playing her Ruby version, (I have Sapphire,) and she
> also heard it on hers, too. (She said "What the heck was that?" so I
> know I'm not crazy.) If anyone has any expertis to share, then please
> share it...
>
> THANKS

I don't know the exact circumstances that cause it, but it is the sound
of your lead pokemon, as far as I know. It's either a sign of happiness,
or something, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be your own pokemon
just making noise.

Corey Anderson wrote:
> I have a question about the pokemon Sapphire/Ruby games. When I'm
> playing the game, just walking around, minding my own business,
> something wierd happens. A strange noise occours, like a pokemon cry,
> but I'm not even in battle. I wasn't even in the tall grass. I'm just
> walking around and it happend. Does anybody know whats up with that?
> I my sister was playing her Ruby version, (I have Sapphire,) and she
> also heard it on hers, too. (She said "What the heck was that?" so I
> know I'm not crazy.) If anyone has any expertis to share, then please
> share it...

It happened to me once when I was hunting underwater for Relicanth. I
think it's supposed to be a sign that the pokemon that makes that call
is nearby, and is a random event just like battles (albeit relatively
more rare). The cry doesn't signal anything else, but it can be a clue
to start hunting in the area for a new pokemon if it doesn't match
anything in your pokedex. (Of course, we have better clues: the FAQs,
and asking on this group if the FAQs don't work. But not everyone is
online.)

"The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<1100041346.619712.21760@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
> Are you talking about the Machokes?

What Machokes?

The Machokes in the begininng of the game actually! Which helps you and
your mom to move in!

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Corey Anderson wrote:
>> I have a question about the pokemon Sapphire/Ruby games. When I'm
>> playing the game, just walking around, minding my own business,
>> something wierd happens. A strange noise occours, like a pokemon cry,
>> but I'm not even in battle. I wasn't even in the tall grass. I'm just
>> walking around and it happend. Does anybody know whats up with that? I
>> my sister was playing her Ruby version, (I have Sapphire,) and she
>> also heard it on hers, too. (She said "What the heck was that?" so I
>> know I'm not crazy.) If anyone has any expertis to share, then please
>> share it...
>
> It happened to me once when I was hunting underwater for Relicanth. I
> think it's supposed to be a sign that the pokemon that makes that call
> is nearby, and is a random event just like battles (albeit relatively
> more rare). The cry doesn't signal anything else, but it can be a clue
> to start hunting in the area for a new pokemon if it doesn't match
> anything in your pokedex. (Of course, we have better clues: the FAQs,
> and asking on this group if the FAQs don't work. But not everyone is
> online.)

I never noticed that. 99.9% of the time I play with the sound turned all the
way down, otherwise the music drives me insane. :)

"The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<1100091898.654480.223340@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
> The Machokes in the begininng of the game actually! Which helps you and
> your mom to move in!

Oh. No, I'm pretty far into the game.

Corey Anderson wrote:

> Hi
> I have a question about the pokemon Sapphire/Ruby games. When I'm
> playing the game, just walking around, minding my own business,
> something wierd happens. A strange noise occours, like a pokemon cry,
> but I'm not even in battle. I wasn't even in the tall grass. I'm just
> walking around and it happend. Does anybody know whats up with that?
> I my sister was playing her Ruby version, (I have Sapphire,) and she
> also heard it on hers, too. (She said "What the heck was that?" so I
> know I'm not crazy.) If anyone has any expertis to share, then please
> share it...
>
> THANKS

Is there grass nearby?

At any rate, it's just the call of a type of pokemon that is in the
nearest clump of grass.