"Assumed User" at startup -- How to set/unset one

Hi All,

I just set up a Win 2000 Pro installation for a friend. In the course of
doing that, I accepted the option of having his username be the "assumed
name" at startup. Sure enough, when the Login dialog is present at
boot-up, his username populates the textbox.labelled "User name."

How can I unset that option so that Windows performs as it usually does (in
my experience) of displaying the name of the last user?

TIA,
Richard

Control Panel|Users and Passwords, then check the box for "Users must enter
a user name and password to use this computer"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Richard Lionheart" wrote:
| Hi All,
|
| I just set up a Win 2000 Pro installation for a friend. In the course of
| doing that, I accepted the option of having his username be the "assumed
| name" at startup. Sure enough, when the Login dialog is present at
| boot-up, his username populates the textbox.labelled "User name."
|
| How can I unset that option so that Windows performs as it usually does
(in
| my experience) of displaying the name of the last user?
|
| TIA,
| Richard

Hi David,

You were right on!!

Many thanks,
Richard

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> Control Panel|Users and Passwords, then check the box for "Users must
enter
> a user name and password to use this computer"
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Richard Lionheart" wrote:
> | Hi All,
> |
> | I just set up a Win 2000 Pro installation for a friend. In the course
of
> | doing that, I accepted the option of having his username be the
"assumed
> | name" at startup. Sure enough, when the Login dialog is present at
> | boot-up, his username populates the textbox.labelled "User name."
> |
> | How can I unset that option so that Windows performs as it usually does
> (in
> | my experience) of displaying the name of the last user?
> |
> | TIA,
> | Richard

You're welcome.