"Assumed User" at startup -- How to set/unset one

Hi All,

I just set up a Win 2000 Pro installation for a friend. In the course of
doing that, I accepted the option of having his username be the "assumed
name" at startup. Sure enough, when the Login dialog is present at
boot-up, his username populates the textbox.labelled "User name."

How can I unset that option so that Windows performs as it usually does (in
my experience) of displaying the name of the last user?

TIA,
Richard
3 answers Last reply
More about assumed user startup unset

    Control Panel|Users and Passwords, then check the box for "Users must enter
    a user name and password to use this computer"

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Richard Lionheart" wrote:
    | Hi All,
    |
    | I just set up a Win 2000 Pro installation for a friend. In the course of
    | doing that, I accepted the option of having his username be the "assumed
    | name" at startup. Sure enough, when the Login dialog is present at
    | boot-up, his username populates the textbox.labelled "User name."
    |
    | How can I unset that option so that Windows performs as it usually does
    (in
    | my experience) of displaying the name of the last user?
    |
    | TIA,
    | Richard

    Hi David,

    You were right on!!

    Many thanks,
    Richard

    "Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
    > Control Panel|Users and Passwords, then check the box for "Users must
    enter
    > a user name and password to use this computer"
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Richard Lionheart" wrote:
    > | Hi All,
    > |
    > | I just set up a Win 2000 Pro installation for a friend. In the course
    of
    > | doing that, I accepted the option of having his username be the
    "assumed
    > | name" at startup. Sure enough, when the Login dialog is present at
    > | boot-up, his username populates the textbox.labelled "User name."
    > |
    > | How can I unset that option so that Windows performs as it usually does
    > (in
    > | my experience) of displaying the name of the last user?
    > |
    > | TIA,
    > | Richard

    You're welcome.

    --