IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

TheProfiler

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Sometimes while booting up i get blue screen with this message, and a bunch of numbers and letters... then I reboot and everything's peachy.
Anyone knows what it means?
I think this started to happen after I OC'd my CPU to 2.5 and lowered memory latencies, so I suspect it's a memory issue....don't know for real, though.
But it could be NVidia Forceware for wista too....
I ran Prime95 for about 10 hours and Memtest until cca. 400%, no errorrs.
Anyone?

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
its a driver making a call at to high of an irql level
is there a file name in the text on the screen?

You can't trust on those messages coming from blue screens. I had the same bluescreen on two different machines, in both of them it was defective ram.

Why don't you try to take out the oc and test it for a little while?

djmerlin

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
I had exactly the same fault on my Athlon system about 3 years ago. It is a motherboard fault, and I tried to find info on it and fix it, and there was nothing I could do. At random times it would just come up, I would reboot and be fine for another period of time.

I eventually changed the board and the problem stopped.

I think its just a design flaw that never got picked up in testing, and maybe still pervades today. If its new, get the board swapped and it will go away!

M

have you done a proper burn in test?
Burn in test? What's that?

burn in test?

cpu/motherboard/ram/psu: Prime95 (or Orthos for multi cpu/cores/threads)
video card: ATI Tool
hdd: Hitachi Fitness Test or WD Tools

they max out specific devices and find faults easily rather then the hard way etc.

sweetpants

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
Sometimes while booting up i get blue screen with this message, and a bunch of numbers and letters... then I reboot and everything's peachy.
I think this started to happen after I OC'd my CPU to 2.5 and lowered memory latencies, so I suspect it's a memory issue....don't know for real, though.
Anyone?

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit, p. 1539.)
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

I've seen this error a lot 9 times out of 10 it's a bad driver or the OS is hosed. Try booting up in safe mode and see how that works.

TheProfiler

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Anyone?

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit, p. 1539.)
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

I've seen this error a lot 9 times out of 10 it's a bad driver or the OS is hosed. Try booting up in safe mode and see how that works.
That seems to be pretty much it. Thanx.
NVidia Forceware most likely...