Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to hook cable for split screen

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:38:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Hello,

I've just purchased a very nice Panasonic HD capable 47" wide screen.
Great picture. Also got an Onkyo AV amplifier. Great sound. I'm with
Comcast. Great picture both HD and Digital.

Everything is great except the TV has the capacity to show split
screen, actually even four split screens. How do I hook up the cable
so I can watch different channels with the split screen?????

Any help appreciated. It's begining to take a PHD to hook up cable and
amplifier and DVD...................

TIA.

Bill


Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:38:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On 2004-09-07 19:38:49 -0500, Wild Bill 2 <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> said:

> Hello,
>
> I've just purchased a very nice Panasonic HD capable 47" wide screen.
> Great picture. Also got an Onkyo AV amplifier. Great sound. I'm with
> Comcast. Great picture both HD and Digital.
> Everything is great except the TV has the capacity to show split
> screen, actually even four split screens. How do I hook up the cable
> so I can watch different channels with the split screen?????

How many inputs, and what kind, does the TV have?

If you use a cable box, you may be able to run the cable line into the
box, then run assorted A/V lines from the box to the TV. I don't know
if this works with PIP, which I have never used on any TV I've ever
owned.
--
"No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we
have pulled down the stars to our will."
- Ezra Pound, poet and critic, 9/18/1912, reflecting on New York City
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 11:09:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Thank you for your post.

The TV has several several inputs, S-video, AV and Component. So the
inputs is not the problem.

I think maybe a splitter of the cable coax coming into the house may
do the trick.

I was hoping someone with experience with this particular problem
would post.

Thanks again.



On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:47:34 -0500, Keeper of the Purple Twilight
<no@spam.invalid> wrote:

>On 2004-09-07 19:38:49 -0500, Wild Bill 2 <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> said:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just purchased a very nice Panasonic HD capable 47" wide screen.
>> Great picture. Also got an Onkyo AV amplifier. Great sound. I'm with
>> Comcast. Great picture both HD and Digital.
>> Everything is great except the TV has the capacity to show split
>> screen, actually even four split screens. How do I hook up the cable
>> so I can watch different channels with the split screen?????
>
>How many inputs, and what kind, does the TV have?
>
>If you use a cable box, you may be able to run the cable line into the
>box, then run assorted A/V lines from the box to the TV. I don't know
>if this works with PIP, which I have never used on any TV I've ever
>owned.

Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 11:09:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
news:p jptj09dfpb339m4q3hrjkei4g2968m74d@4ax.com...
> Thank you for your post.
>
> The TV has several several inputs, S-video, AV and Component. So the
> inputs is not the problem.
>
> I think maybe a splitter of the cable coax coming into the house may
> do the trick.

This is how most of us do it. The basic problem is that you need to access
more than one source at a time. The most common way is by splitting the
cable signal and using basic cable as an alternative source. You can also
check your sources to see if they have active multiple video outputs. Many
do. If so you can do your primary switching in the A/V receiver and the
secondary switching using the inputs on your set.

Leonard
Related resources
!