Random disconnects, any advice?

I have trouble with my net shutting off seemingly randomly. I have an adsl connection and am connected to an adsl router. When I disconnect I open network connections, disable my ethernet card and enable it again, which solves the problem.

It is not my ISP since I connect to the same connection via my laptop and had no troubles. These problems started occuring when I upgraded my new computer with a new motherboard, memory, graphics card.

It is also not my firewall since I had the same firewall/anti-virus program on my old computer with the same connection with no problems.

The disconnects are worse if I have more sockets open, for example using a p2p application, downloading multiple files, etc. It used to be manageable but now the problem is worse, disconnecting while I play an online game (which never happened before). I recently had my computer in the store to be fixed due to corrupt memory and I now have it back with a new windows and wiped hard disk and the problems seem worse.

I have an Asus A8r MVP motherboard with a Marvell Yukon ethernet card. I have the most recent drivers from Marvell. Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about random disconnects advice
  1. If you have another nic card try it.

Also run prime95 to test your whole system. Adjust the memory to fit your setup. This will see if you are have a MB/RAM/CPU problem. Check to see if the ram is being set to proper timing specs, use cpu-z for that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Connection Internet Service Providers Networking