how to setup a very limited user account on w2k3?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 21, 2005 3:31:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

I need the setup so user could only run outlook express and be able to go
on/off the internet.
In my view the desktop will have only two icons: one for dialing out, one
for starting Outlook Express. Running other programms or exe, viewing file
structure will be prohibited.

Thanks
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:51:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

setup a user account with a mandatory profile...

Lock the user down with a group policy...

cheers

"ILiya" <iliya00@yandex.ru> wrote in message
>I need the setup so user could only run outlook express and be able to go
> on/off the internet.
> In my view the desktop will have only two icons: one for dialing out, one
> for starting Outlook Express. Running other programms or exe, viewing file
> structure will be prohibited.
>
> Thanks

June 23, 2005 7:41:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

Would you please describe that process in more detail or recommend related
web resource to go through?

"HArd^as" <clubsportr8@westnet.com.au> wrote in message
> setup a user account with a mandatory profile...
>
> Lock the user down with a group policy...
>
> cheers

June 23, 2005 8:53:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

Hi,

I'd like to know is there any good resources on the web describing user
profile & group policy? Please recommend.

TIA
Alex

!