Converting from Basic to Dynamic Disk with OS and apps

Hi All,

Appreciate if someone can assist me.

I'm planning to convert and existing basic disk to dynamic so that I can
mirror the volumes later.

But before conversion to dynamic; Disk Management prompts that my current
basic disk (which houses my OS and apps folder) "After you convert these
disks to dynamic, you will not be able to start other installed operating
systems from any volume on these disks."

Does other OS mean other than W2K,XP or Server 2003 ?

Can anyone elaborate, is it safe for me to convert then have it mirrored.....
Thank you......
--
Azhan

Philo

"Azhan" <Azhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Appreciate if someone can assist me.
>
> I'm planning to convert and existing basic disk to dynamic so that I can
> mirror the volumes later.
>
> But before conversion to dynamic; Disk Management prompts that my current
> basic disk (which houses my OS and apps folder) "After you convert these
> disks to dynamic, you will not be able to start other installed operating
> systems from any volume on these disks."
>
> Does other OS mean other than W2K,XP or Server 2003 ?
>
> Can anyone elaborate, is it safe for me to convert then have it
> mirrored.....
> Thank you......

No, it is never 100% safe to convert to dynamic.
XP pro supports dynamic disc. XP home does not.

have no idea why you think you need to convert to dynamic

Well I have no choice but to convert and mirror the disk for fault tolerant
purposes.