Motherboard or memory problem

silverchair

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
i posted this issue on cpu forum section but i will post it here too so maybe someone can help me

I have a lil problem that maybe some of you can resolve, i have an ASRock motherboard , Conroe865GV with pentium D 2.8Ghz that supoorts ddr 400 333 266, and im using Major DDR 266 memory 1Gig 133 Mhz.

BEfore im using my memory in ECS 741gxm and it runs properly, but when iu use it to ASRock motherboard my memory turned down to 512Mb.

Ist a memory problem? A motherboard problem or is just not compatible??

Last edited by silverchair on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Mondoman

Splendid
Unfortunately, neither the RAM nor the MB seem to be high quality, so it could be a problem with either. Since your memory worked OK in the previous MB, I'd contact your new MB maker's tech support.

silverchair

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
Believe it or not i already contact them and they dont know the reason and solution for this. actually same thing when i use the RAM to ECS 761GXM. but in ECS 741GXM and ECS KM400-M2 it appears 1GIG of RAM.

Unfortunately, neither the RAM nor the MB seem to be high quality, so it could be a problem with either. Since your memory worked OK in the previous MB, I'd contact your new MB maker's tech support.