Dependant service registry setting not working.

I have 2 services, both Portmappers.

One of the portmappers must start before the other otherwise it gets stuck
at "Starting". So I set the DependOnService of the other one to depend on
this one.

However on server reboot the dependant service starts up right away, and the
other one still gets stuck at "Starting".

Any suggestions on how I can get my dependant service to wait till the other
service is "Started" before trying to start up ?

Thanks
Mark

Think I got to the bottom of this.

I made the DependOnService registry entry with regedit, and that didnt allow
the variable type "REG_MULTI_SZ" so I just used "REG_SZ". This seemed to work
fine as the dependancy showed up fine in the services properties.

However, on boot up the dependancy gets ignored.

I then ran regedt32.exe instead, and this allows you to create
"REG_MULTI_SZ" variables.

After server reboot the dependancies seem to work fine.

Thanks to anyone who took a look at this post.

Mark