x1950xt beeping problem (not fan)

v0id

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
hello,

I've noticed a very annoying and loud squeaking noise when I played certain windowed games. I figured out that it only happens when my FPS goes above 1000 or so, the higher the FPS the louder/longer the noise.

I ruled out the GPU fan by setting it to both 0% and 100% speed and still having the same problem. Its definately none of the other fans aswell, because I tried turning them all off/setting them all to high, the sound didn't change.

The card is a Connect3d x1950xt with a arctic silencer x2 fan/heatsink. This didn't use to happen with the stock cooler (which I disposed of).
If this is a problem with the card, would I be able to return it even though I changed the fan?

v0id

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
anyone have any ideas? I'm going to try removing the cooler and putting it back on and hopefull that fixes the problem.

v0id

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
well I took it out and cleaned up the thermal paste and re-did everything but I'm still getting the squeak.

I just wanted to add that the squeaking sounds similar to the system speaker playing different frequencies.. its almost like a musical depending on how high your FPS is. the only solution I have atm is to keep v-sync enabled :\.

could it be due to the heatsink pressing down on a chip or something? I tried loosening the screws a little bit and I still have the same problem. It's driving me insane because the PC is really quiet except for this damned beeping!

v0id

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
its definitely a high-pitched squeal. if I was to replace a fan with the stock cooler, would I be able to RMA it? the sound also happened before (I made a topic about it a while ago) and some people suggest I get a new cooler, so I did. but because this new cooler is so quiet, the squealing is even worse.

TRENDING THREADS