Can someone please tell me how to find a post that I created? I have read
through the "Help" and I have searched by subject, name, email address and
can not find anything!!

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please tell me how to find a post that I created? I have read
> through the "Help" and I have searched by subject, name, email address and
> can not find anything!!

Go here:
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

Then type in the relevant fields, e.g. your name in the in the "author"
field, "subject" you used in the subject field, and hit enter. Sort by date
and see what you come up with. I would recommend using a newsreader (e.g
Outlook Express, etc), instead of the Microsoft web based reader, as it get
filled quite quickly, and your topic gets buried further and further back.

Tried google - no luck!

"Tom" wrote:

> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone please tell me how to find a post that I created? I have read
> > through the "Help" and I have searched by subject, name, email address and
> > can not find anything!!
>
> Go here:
> http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
>
> Then type in the relevant fields, e.g. your name in the in the "author"
> field, "subject" you used in the subject field, and hit enter. Sort by date
> and see what you come up with. I would recommend using a newsreader (e.g
> Outlook Express, etc), instead of the Microsoft web based reader, as it get
> filled quite quickly, and your topic gets buried further and further back.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Then do as I suggested and use a real news reader, like OE, then create an
account through it, and post your query again. Gordon gave very good links
to assist you inmaking the setup.

By the way, give me the subject you used, and I will try to find it (when
did you post it?).

> Tried google - no luck!
>
> "Tom" wrote:
>

>> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can someone please tell me how to find a post that I created? I have
>> > read
>> > through the "Help" and I have searched by subject, name, email address
>> > and
>> > can not find anything!!
>>
>> Go here:
>> http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
>>
>> Then type in the relevant fields, e.g. your name in the in the "author"
>> field, "subject" you used in the subject field, and hit enter. Sort by
>> date
>> and see what you come up with. I would recommend using a newsreader (e.g
>> Outlook Express, etc), instead of the Microsoft web based reader, as it
>> get
>> filled quite quickly, and your topic gets buried further and further
>> back.

It was posted 3-15 or 3-16 and the subject was "Offer Remote Assistance
Laptop Error" - thanks for your help.

"Tom" wrote:

> Then do as I suggested and use a real news reader, like OE, then create an
> account through it, and post your query again. Gordon gave very good links
> to assist you inmaking the setup.
>
> By the way, give me the subject you used, and I will try to find it (when
> did you post it?).
>
> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tried google - no luck!
> >
> > "Tom" wrote:
> >

> >> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Go here:
> >> http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
> >>
> >> Then type in the relevant fields, e.g. your name in the in the "author"
> >> field, "subject" you used in the subject field, and hit enter. Sort by
> >> date
> >> and see what you come up with. I would recommend using a newsreader (e.g
> >> Outlook Express, etc), instead of the Microsoft web based reader, as it
> >> get
> >> filled quite quickly, and your topic gets buried further and further
> >> back.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

By the way, is this the post?
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/msg/bbb3daccba58298d?dmode=source

"Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tried google - no luck!
>
> "Tom" wrote:
>

>> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can someone please tell me how to find a post that I created? I have
>> > read
>> > through the "Help" and I have searched by subject, name, email address
>> > and
>> > can not find anything!!
>>
>> Go here:
>> http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
>>
>> Then type in the relevant fields, e.g. your name in the in the "author"
>> field, "subject" you used in the subject field, and hit enter. Sort by
>> date
>> and see what you come up with. I would recommend using a newsreader (e.g
>> Outlook Express, etc), instead of the Microsoft web based reader, as it
>> get
>> filled quite quickly, and your topic gets buried further and further
>> back.

Yes it is -

"Tom" wrote:

> By the way, is this the post?
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/msg/bbb3daccba58298d?dmode=source
>
> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tried google - no luck!
> >
> > "Tom" wrote:
> >

> >> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Go here:
> >> http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
> >>
> >> Then type in the relevant fields, e.g. your name in the in the "author"
> >> field, "subject" you used in the subject field, and hit enter. Sort by
> >> date
> >> and see what you come up with. I would recommend using a newsreader (e.g
> >> Outlook Express, etc), instead of the Microsoft web based reader, as it
> >> get
> >> filled quite quickly, and your topic gets buried further and further
> >> back.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well, if you are insistant upon using the web based interface, then you'll
have to keep up with where your post is, which is 20 pages back from when
you posted.

Mark Ferguson gave you help, and you can read the answers here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_thread/thread/6494aa1853dbd48d/bbb3daccba58298d#bbb3daccba58298d

Or go here (I saved the page where you post is in the web based reader), and
ask again if the answer didn't help

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?pg=20&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support&fltr=

But your best bet is to (again) use a real news reader program to make
additional queries :).

> Yes it is -
>
> "Tom" wrote:
>
>> By the way, is this the post?
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/msg/bbb3daccba58298d?dmode=source
>>
>> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Tried google - no luck!

I setup Outlook Express newsreader - thank you both for all your help.

"Tom" wrote:

> Well, if you are insistant upon using the web based interface, then you'll
> have to keep up with where your post is, which is 20 pages back from when
> you posted.
>
> Mark Ferguson gave you help, and you can read the answers here:
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_thread/thread/6494aa1853dbd48d/bbb3daccba58298d#bbb3daccba58298d
>
> Or go here (I saved the page where you post is in the web based reader), and
> ask again if the answer didn't help
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?pg=20&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support&fltr=
>
> But your best bet is to (again) use a real news reader program to make
> additional queries :).
>

> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes it is -
> >
> > "Tom" wrote:
> >
> >> By the way, is this the post?
> >> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/msg/bbb3daccba58298d?dmode=source
> >>
> >> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You're welcome :)

>I setup Outlook Express newsreader - thank you both for all your help.
>
> "Tom" wrote:
>
>> Well, if you are insistant upon using the web based interface, then
>> you'll
>> have to keep up with where your post is, which is 20 pages back from when
>> you posted.
>>
>> Mark Ferguson gave you help, and you can read the answers here:
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_thread/thread/6494aa1853dbd48d/bbb3daccba58298d#bbb3daccba58298d
>>
>> Or go here (I saved the page where you post is in the web based reader),
>> and
>> ask again if the answer didn't help
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?pg=20&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support&fltr=
>>
>> But your best bet is to (again) use a real news reader program to make
>> additional queries :).
>>

>> "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes it is -

Gordon

Jodie wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to find a post that I created? I have
> read through the "Help" and I have searched by subject, name, email
> address and can not find anything!!

Use OE (or some other application that suits you) as Newsreader insread of
the awfull web interface. You will find using Newsgroups MUCH easier.

Newsgroup Configuration

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=171164&product=oex

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/setup.asp

http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

Gordon

Jodie wrote:
> Tried google - no luck!
>
> "Tom" wrote:

That's because there's a considerable delay between posts being propagated
on Usenet, and Google archiving them. (Google is not an NNTP server AFAIK).
See my suggestion for using a proper newsreader. If you set up
msnews.microsoft.com as your news server, then you get posts straight from
the horse's mouth so to speak!

HTH

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> Jodie wrote:
>> Tried google - no luck!
>>
>> "Tom" wrote:
>
> That's because there's a considerable delay between posts being propagated
> on Usenet, and Google archiving them. (Google is not an NNTP server
> AFAIK).
> See my suggestion for using a proper newsreader. If you set up
> msnews.microsoft.com as your news server, then you get posts straight from
> the horse's mouth so to speak!
>
> HTH

Actually, they hit Google groups pretty fast. If you look here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics/msg/369708237ccfc192

you'll see that the post you just made (@ 11:36 AM EST) shows up already. I
found (AFAICT) her post with no problem.

Gordon

Tom wrote:
> "Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>> Jodie wrote:
>>> Tried google - no luck!
>>>
>>> "Tom" wrote:
>>
>> That's because there's a considerable delay between posts being
>> propagated on Usenet, and Google archiving them. (Google is not an
>> NNTP server AFAIK).
>> See my suggestion for using a proper newsreader. If you set up
>> msnews.microsoft.com as your news server, then you get posts
>> straight from the horse's mouth so to speak!
>>
>> HTH
>>

> Actually, they hit Google groups pretty fast. If you look here:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics/msg/369708237ccfc192

> you'll see that the post you just made (@ 11:36 AM EST) shows up
> already. I found (AFAICT) her post with no problem.

That's an awful lot quicker than they used to then! (Mind you, I'm going
back to the days of Deja News.....)