pentium D HELP!!!!

marcs4020

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
Well it turns out that I can;t really do much it terms of overclocking the pentium d 940. My mobo is an ecs p965t and the oc options are pretty thin. The only way I can oc my cpu is to pick from set numbers that are already in the bios and that is where the problem starts. There are no intermidiate steps b/w 200 fsb, what I am at now = 3.2 ghz, and 266 fsb, which will be a whopping 4.25ghz. When i set it at that level the bios resets it self and the change won't stick.
My questions are:
1) do you think that I can reach this mark on air?

2) i haven't messed with the voltage do you think that if I up the voltage then this number will be achievable?

3) What is a safe voltage and how can I test.

4) Are there anyother ways to oc besides using the bios that you know of?

I know that you are going to say either a get a new mobo or b buy a conroe, but those aren't options right now. I just bought a gts 640 last week so the bank is closed for a little while.

thanks so much for the help

Marc

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wow, what a bummer! Most other ECS boards at least have an icremental FSB adjustment... wonder what they were thinking here? If the 266 setting won't work, you might try some of the soft FSB programs out there and see if one of them will work for you.

yamahog-2

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
What memory, memory settings, and mem voltage are you using?

relax the mem timmings

i have a 945d 3.4 @ 4317

my cpu needs to be near 1.3 v or just under, mem at 2.2 v