run windows from network share

I would like t ouse PXE to run windows from a network share, can anybody
steer me in the right direction for some info?

TIA

HI,
Please read:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325862
This is Remote Installation Server technolgy

--
BRGDS
Bari Murtazin
"rickster" <rickster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like t ouse PXE to run windows from a network share, can anybody
> steer me in the right direction for some info?
>
> TIA

thanks for the reply Bari, but what I want to do is run windows from a share,
not install windows from a share. any clues on how to setup pxe for that?

"Bari Murtazin" wrote:

> HI,
> Please read:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325862
> This is Remote Installation Server technolgy
>
> --
> BRGDS
> Bari Murtazin
> bmurtazin@megawap.ru
> "rickster" <rickster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to use PXE to run windows from a network share, can anybody
> > steer me in the right direction for some info?
> >
> > TIA

Wouldn't be possible.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"rickster" wrote:
| thanks for the reply Bari, but what I want to do is run windows from a
share,
| not install windows from a share. any clues on how to setup pxe for that?

Im sorry,
I think it not possible to run Winnows from Network share.
I think you must use some Terminal Service Technology only.
It may be possible with TS thin client.

--

rickster wrote:

> I would like t ouse PXE to run windows from a network share, can anybody
> steer me in the right direction for some info?
>
> TIA

It should be possible. Check out
http://www.inq7.net/inf/2003/jul/25/text/inf_38-1-p.htm for more
information.

I've not done it personally, as the licensing costs were prohibitive (rolled
out CentOS Linux instead), but I don't see anything stopping you.

Regards

Kyle

TRENDING THREADS