How to sell/wipe computer?

I am getting ready to recycle some computers...

I am going to wipe them, but I want to leave them in a state that is
demonstrates that they are usable, but doesn't use one of my Licenses...

How do I do that? Can I invoke setup with some switches or should I just
use one of my MANY MANY win98 CD's to reformat the disks and leave win98 on
it?

--
Bob Sisson
Bob at Sisson Family dot com

    That might be the best solution. Just use the OEM operating system install
    that came with it since that license goes with and or dies with that
    machine.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Bob Sisson wrote:

    > I am getting ready to recycle some computers...
    >
    > I am going to wipe them, but I want to leave them in a state that is
    > demonstrates that they are usable, but doesn't use one of my Licenses...
    >
    > How do I do that? Can I invoke setup with some switches or should I just
    > use one of my MANY MANY win98 CD's to reformat the disks and leave win98
    > on it?

    This may sound like a silly answer, but why not just download one of the
    many LiveCD Linux distributions that are out there? Ubuntu, Knoppix, Mepis,
    you name it. Fire it up, shows that the machine is working. Also allows
    access to the hard drive, so you can show that it is working too. Doesn't
    require much, if any, Linux knowledge.

    Regards

    Kyle

Computers Windows