How to sell/wipe computer?

I am getting ready to recycle some computers...

I am going to wipe them, but I want to leave them in a state that is
demonstrates that they are usable, but doesn't use one of my Licenses...

How do I do that? Can I invoke setup with some switches or should I just
use one of my MANY MANY win98 CD's to reformat the disks and leave win98 on
it?

--
Bob Sisson
Bob at Sisson Family dot com

That might be the best solution. Just use the OEM operating system install
that came with it since that license goes with and or dies with that
machine.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Bob Sisson wrote:

> I am getting ready to recycle some computers...
>
> I am going to wipe them, but I want to leave them in a state that is
> demonstrates that they are usable, but doesn't use one of my Licenses...
>
> How do I do that? Can I invoke setup with some switches or should I just
> use one of my MANY MANY win98 CD's to reformat the disks and leave win98
> on it?

This may sound like a silly answer, but why not just download one of the
many LiveCD Linux distributions that are out there? Ubuntu, Knoppix, Mepis,
you name it. Fire it up, shows that the machine is working. Also allows
access to the hard drive, so you can show that it is working too. Doesn't
require much, if any, Linux knowledge.

Regards

Kyle