Tuniq tower defeated!

petevsdrm

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
yeah, i read that...definitely would be my first choice now. anandtech seem do be doing alot of good reviews lately

They have taken a strong position as my 2nd favorite review site. The forums over there suck though. :wink:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I know right, I was reading it several days ago. Thanks to the massive amount of heatpipes the Ultra 120+ is a great improvement from the first version. I'm waiting for Frostytech to test these new cpu cooler for themselves.

petevsdrm

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Hum. I might buy this just to OC my Pentium 60. Think I can get 2.4ghz?

Anyway, website shows problems installing this with Gigabyte Mobos... dang i have an S3.

Really! Thats surprising, what's the problem?

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
yeah, i read that...definitely would be my first choice now. anandtech seem do be doing alot of good reviews lately

I was wondering how Anandtech got 36C with their Tuniq at load. When I did my load temps measurement, I used TAT, which gave me 46C. Anandtech doesn't use TAT, they use a game

The stress test simulates running a demanding contemporary game. The Far Cry River demo is looped for 30 minutes and the CPU temperature is captured at 4 second intervals with the NVIDIA monitor "logging" option. The highest temperature during the load test is then reported

I thought I didn't seat my Tuniq properly (which was weird because I have a similar idle temp as Anandtech's review.

In gaming, I get 38C, very similar to Anandtech's results.

Yeah that new Ultra 120 is cool! It's nice to see that the performance curve keeps improving!

lazyvenki

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2007
the thermalright makes me very slightly want to return my tuniq(i haven't installed it yet). but both coolers are really a cut above the rest.

petevsdrm

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
the thermalright makes me very slightly want to return my tuniq(i haven't installed it yet). but both coolers are really a cut above the rest.

Yeah, if you've already got the tuniq in hand, I don't think the performance difference is worth the drive back to the store.

What about compounding both heat syncs? Wouldn't that double the amount of cooling?

use this equation where t(u) and t(h) are each heat syncs.

dG = -SdT + VdP + ∑µdN(sub i) x (t(u)/t(h))/∑α

works out to a factor of 1.4 which would be worth it.

Statross

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
huh....only one heat sink fits on a cpu...

you dont say "huh" to the mathematics of thermal dynamics, you say "huh" to combining both heat syncs... funny!

why's that funny?:/ i dont think i get the combination of heatsinks either:/