trouble installing 2003 server

Ed

I am trying to install 2003 server on an IBM netfinity 5500 M20 with an IBM
serverRAID II adapter. It has 512 MB RAM, an Xeon 500 mhz processor and 3 18
MB HD's set up to raid 5.
I have the BIOS v6 flashed
I have the serverRAID BIOS flashed to v2.88
I can get to the windows gui part of the install, but install halts during
device installation at about 66%. It stops at the same place each time. It
occurs about 2 minutes after the screen flashes with the video driver
install, so it's probably not a video driver. Not sure what to do.
Ed

Have you ran D:\winnt32.exe /checkupgradeonly where D= your CD drive with
the Server disk inserted and view the report to see the conflicts?

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install 2003 server on an IBM netfinity 5500 M20 with an
>IBM
> serverRAID II adapter. It has 512 MB RAM, an Xeon 500 mhz processor and 3
> 18
> MB HD's set up to raid 5.
> I have the BIOS v6 flashed
> I have the serverRAID BIOS flashed to v2.88
> I can get to the windows gui part of the install, but install halts during
> device installation at about 66%. It stops at the same place each time.
> It
> occurs about 2 minutes after the screen flashes with the video driver
> install, so it's probably not a video driver. Not sure what to do.
> Ed

Ed

I tried, but it won't run in dos mode and I can't run in windows because it
won't load. Thanks for the suggestion.

"Danny Sanders" wrote:

> Have you ran D:\winnt32.exe /checkupgradeonly where D= your CD drive with
> the Server disk inserted and view the report to see the conflicts?
>

> hth
> DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

Ed

Anyone else have any ideas? What size partition is needed for installing
server 2k '03? Could that be the problem?

"Ed" wrote:

> I tried, but it won't run in dos mode and I can't run in windows because it
> won't load. Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> "Danny Sanders" wrote:
>
> > Have you ran D:\winnt32.exe /checkupgradeonly where D= your CD drive with
> > the Server disk inserted and view the report to see the conflicts?
> >

> > hth
> > DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

Disconnect any USB devices (other than keyboard and mouse) from the system
during setup. If the issue continues, boot to the Windows Recovery Console,
browse to the Windows folder, and look at the Setupapi and Setup logs for
what may be preventing the installation from continuing. Does IBM support
Windows Server 2003 on this system?

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.