Installation errors under Virtual PC

vans

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005

Hello,
I am trying to install Win 2K Pro under a Virtual PC VM with 128 RAM and a 5
G HD.
I tried it twice with two different MSDN CDs for Win 2K and on 2 separate
Virtual PC machines and got two separate errors.
One message came up shortly before completing:
Stop: (some address numbers)
Process1_Initialization failed
It suggests trying to restart and if that fails to check for Win 2k updates.
Then suggests disabling bios memory options such as caching and shadowing. Or
trying to start in Safe Mode(which it wouldn't do). This occurred after
coming up with file copy errors ("Setup cannot copy the file:") for
kernel132.dll, ntdll.dll,win32k.sys and winsrv.dll.
I tried reinstalling but it got the same copy errors.
On the second Virtual PC machine(same configuration but different cd for win
2k), shortly after the installation started it came up with the following
error:
Stop (address #s)
KMODE_Exception not handled
Address 804EG1CE base at (number) DAte Stamp 384d5a76 ntoskrnl.exe
Then it suggests trying to restart, check for disk space ok (is 5G and
partition uses it), disabling bios memory options, disabling a driver or
getting updates for.
Any ideas what's wrong or how to remedy?
I'm working against deadline so any help appreciated.
Thanks, God bless
Van

What is the host OS, hardware, and VPC version? Seek
microsoft.public.virtualpc and virtualserver NGs.