Creating a CD for FIXMBR / FIXBOOT only

Hello,

Can someone please help. I have a win2k pc *with no install cd*.
I have downloaded the 4 diskettes needed to get to the recovery console
and I can run FIXMBR, etc.

I am experimenting with various OSes and partitioning schemes on my
*test* machine and need to run FIXMBR quite regularly.

However, I don't want to use 4 diskettes as it is a painfully slow
process.

Is it possible to creats a bootable CD from these diskettes?

I am not interested in other ways of fixing the MBR, my interest is in
combining these 4 diskettes in to one CD only.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Hal.

Just google how to create a bootable CD. You can find W2k CD boot sector and
files everywhere in the Internet.

Thanks Jethro, I guess in all future posts, I will have to state that I
can use google and have done a search already.

Has anyone actually made a cd from the 4 diskettes above and got it
working as a bootable cd?

Hoping for an answer from someone who has done this.

Thanks

Hal.

Philo

sillyhat@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone please help. I have a win2k pc *with no install cd*.
> I have downloaded the 4 diskettes needed to get to the recovery console
> and I can run FIXMBR, etc.
>
> I am experimenting with various OSes and partitioning schemes on my
> *test* machine and need to run FIXMBR quite regularly.
>
> However, I don't want to use 4 diskettes as it is a painfully slow
> process.
>
> Is it possible to creats a bootable CD from these diskettes?
>
> I am not interested in other ways of fixing the MBR, my interest is in
> combining these 4 diskettes in to one CD only.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help given.
>
> Hal.

just install the recovery console
and you can boot rigt to it.
it will be added to your boot menu

or even easier...if you use a win9x bootdisk
you can run fdisk/mbr from that

Hi,

Allthough you stated to be interested in getting the floppies onto a CD
only,
this might save you more work. Check out BartPE PE-builder at www.nu2.nu

HTH,
John7