RIS windows 2000 Partition Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

Dear All,

I am struggling with the RIS of windows 2000 Professional by using win
2000 server.
I am able to succeed by automating the installation in the terms of
machine name, product ID, Joining domain etc.

The Problem now is i am unable to mention the Partition size that has
to be used by the client in the answer file so that rest of the hard
disk left unpartitioned.

The tried and failed steps are as follows.

Mentioning the Usewholedisk=No;Repartition=No;OemPreinstall=0,1,10000
(in MB)

in the answer file also doesn’t help me.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Arun

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Setup---Deploy---Upgrade-RIS-windows-2000-Partition-Problem-ftopict400457.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1323801

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

Hi Arun,
Try Repartition=Yes instead. You can also use ExtendOEMPartition=0 under
[unattended] instead of repartition.

Lukesh

"arunbb" wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am struggling with the RIS of windows 2000 Professional by using win
> 2000 server.
> I am able to succeed by automating the installation in the terms of
> machine name, product ID, Joining domain etc.
>
> The Problem now is i am unable to mention the Partition size that has
> to be used by the client in the answer file so that rest of the hard
> disk left unpartitioned.
>
> The tried and failed steps are as follows.
>
> Mentioning the Usewholedisk=No;Repartition=No;OemPreinstall=0,1,10000
> (in MB)
>
> in the answer file also doesn’t help me.
>
> Kindly help me on this.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Arun

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Setup---Deploy---Upgrade-RIS-windows-2000-Partition-Problem-ftopict400457.html