100 % CPU going to users.exe

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b à CPUs
August 5, 2005 5:07:24 AM

I have read around 100 messages from googling on 'win200 100% cpu'.

Only problem is ...none of them resolve the problem for me. The only
app on the box is Comsocks, a NAT program. Uninstalling that and
only preserving a setting to dial my ISP still yields the 100% mess.

I have closed all the unused services per recognized W2000 sources
to no avail.

Compaq 450 Win2000 Pro-sp4 192 Mb ram.

I could use a real fix. The M$ data on the subject is not helpful.
duh.

More about : 100 cpu users exe

August 5, 2005 5:07:25 AM

"" wrote:
> I have read around 100 messages from googling on 'win200 100%
> cpu'.
>
> Only problem is ...none of them resolve the problem for me.
> The only
> app on the box is Comsocks, a NAT program. Uninstalling that
> and
> only preserving a setting to dial my ISP still yields the 100%
> mess.
>
> I have closed all the unused services per recognized W2000
> sources
> to no avail.
>
> Compaq 450 Win2000 Pro-sp4 192 Mb ram.
>
> I could use a real fix. The M$ data on the subject is not
> helpful.
> duh.

Did you google for "users.exe",
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22users.exe%22&...

Well, symantec say it’s potentialy a worm, you should scan your
directory structur for viruses and then scan your computer with
spybot, if you dont have a virus scanner, and are too cheap (or just
dont want) to, AntiVir is a nice light wight no nonsence FREE virus
scanner (WHat norton should be).

Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
AntiVir: http://www.free-av.com/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Setup---Deploy---Upgrade-1...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1341443
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 5, 2005 4:27:22 PM

Sparda wrote:

> "" wrote:
> > I have read around 100 messages from googling on 'win200 100%
> > cpu'.
> >
> > Only problem is ...none of them resolve the problem for me.
> > The only
> > app on the box is Comsocks, a NAT program. Uninstalling that
> > and
> > only preserving a setting to dial my ISP still yields the 100%
> > mess.
> >
> > I have closed all the unused services per recognized W2000
> > sources
> > to no avail.
> >
> > Compaq 450 Win2000 Pro-sp4 192 Mb ram.
> >
> > I could use a real fix. The M$ data on the subject is not
> > helpful.
> > duh.
>
> Did you google for "users.exe",
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22users.exe%22&...
>
> Well, symantec say it’s potentialy a worm, you should scan your
> directory structur for viruses and then scan your computer with
> spybot, if you dont have a virus scanner, .............

Three trips around each with FreeVirusScanner, M$Anti-Spyware and SpyBot all revealed nothing. I omitted that
detail from the original post.
August 6, 2005 1:35:49 AM

"" wrote:
> Sparda wrote:
>
> > "" wrote:
> > > I have read around 100 messages from googling on 'win200
> 100%
> > > cpu'.
> > >
> > > Only problem is ...none of them resolve the problem for
> me.
> > > The only
> > > app on the box is Comsocks, a NAT program. Uninstalling
> that
> > > and
> > > only preserving a setting to dial my ISP still yields the
> 100%
> > > mess.
> > >
> > > I have closed all the unused services per recognized
> W2000
> > > sources
> > > to no avail.
> > >
> > > Compaq 450 Win2000 Pro-sp4 192 Mb ram.
> > >
> > > I could use a real fix. The M$ data on the subject is not
> > > helpful.
> > > duh.
> >
> > Did you google for "users.exe",
> > http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22users.exe%22&...
> >
> > Well, symantec say it’s potentialy a worm, you should scan
> your
> > directory structur for viruses and then scan your computer
> with
> > spybot, if you dont have a virus scanner, .............
>
> Three trips around each with FreeVirusScanner, M$Anti-Spyware
> and SpyBot all revealed nothing. I omitted that
> detail from the original post.

Can you locate where users.exe is? and what it relates to?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Setup---Deploy---Upgrade-1...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1341924
!