Double Battle: Raticate & Raichu Versus Furret & Linoone w..

Last response: in Video Games
November 14, 2004 2:37:13 PM

This poll will expire next Friday so until then tell me who will win
this Double Battle and why! I think Furret & Linoone will, because they
have both high speed. Who do you think will win the double battle? I
also need to know why! Now vote for the winners!
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 11:44:25 PM

"The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This poll will expire next Friday so until then tell me who will win
> this Double Battle and why! I think Furret & Linoone will, because they
> have both high speed. Who do you think will win the double battle? I
> also need to know why! Now vote for the winners!

I think Raticate and Raichu will win because Raichu has the advantage of
being an Electric type facing Pokémon with pretty poor Special Defense, and
in that scenario, Raticate's pretty much just there for moral support.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 109
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 5:35:56 AM

But all the pokémon in this battle has poor defense! Isn't that right?
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 4:32:30 PM

> But all the pokémon in this battle has poor defense! Isn't that right?

Raichu's Defense isn't so bad that he's likely to fall before having an
excellent chance at wiping the others out. There's a reason that, of the
four, Raichu is the most likely to be used in a serious team. And it's only
partly because there are so many Normal types.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 109
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 2:55:00 AM

Once upon a time STEFFAN HEDD ALUN decided to write:

> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> But all the pokémon in this battle has poor defense! Isn't that
>> right?
>
> Raichu's Defense isn't so bad that he's likely to fall before having
> an excellent chance at wiping the others out. There's a reason that,
> of the four, Raichu is the most likely to be used in a serious team.
> And it's only partly because there are so many Normal types.

I like Furret and Linoone (not how the Colosseum Linoone looks though), but
they are fairly useless being only normal types and generally have low-ish
special attack abilities. Can any of these two learn Body Slam? Body Slam is
my personal favourite normal attack because it's fairly strong and has a 1
in 3 chance of paralysing. I think Linoone would easily beat Ratticate and
Furret probably would too, but Raichu, like you said, has an advantage with
its special attack. Without that, Raichu would be the most useless.
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 5:46:10 AM

Well, the time has expired, and the winner are Raichu and Raticate! The
Kanto pokémon!
!