Win2000 with DSL.

Cactus

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002

my computer Link to Internet with DSL, it without a fixed IP address.

win2000 need a fixed IP address for DNS server.

my computer have only one network card.

DSL software make another virtual network card(PPPoE) tell windows that is
internet, and passing link to that real network card to DSL modem.

I don't know why win2000 take a DNS error.

now I return to win98 link to internet.

thanks.

Cactus

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002

Please, who tell me is DSL not good chose with w2k?
how I removing w2k without format the C disk?

thanks.

"Cactus" wrote:
| my computer Link to Internet with DSL, it without a fixed IP address.
* Shouldn't be a problem.

| win2000 need a fixed IP address for DNS server.
* Not true. Just like all other windows operating systems it will accept the
DNS server addresses passed to it from a DHCP server.

| my computer have only one network card.
* Makes no difference.

| DSL software make another virtual network card(PPPoE) tell windows that is
| internet, and passing link to that real network card to DSL modem.
* Get in touch with your ISP's tech support on setup.

| I don't know why win2000 take a DNS error.
* We don't know either without the error details. Again ask your ISP

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Cactus

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002

Dave

Maybe I install win2k with win98se in same disk.

the Internet Explorer 6.0 is common using for both.

so it should that mistake.

thank.

Yes always install operating systems on separate partitions.