Need a VISTA COMPATIBLE and optimized sound card!!!

heybuiwassup

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I currently have an Audigy 2 ZS. Ive been using my onboard audio since I installed vista since creative is sucking at producing optimized vista drivers. However, I've heard that are some non-creative cards that are fully functional with vista. Anyone know which cards these are? Thanks!

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
I'm using an audigy 2, it works fine for me in 5.1 speaker mode... The control panel's a bit hard to find, and lacks features.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Ninja knows about a $80 card that according to him, is better than the Creative X-Fi Elite ($400) but I dont remember the name ight now.

Also, YOU CAN USE XP AND FORGET ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.

I dont know why people upgrade to vista when it is really not needed.

heybuiwassup

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I bought vista, im gonna use it. Yes, the audigy 2 has beta drivers, or those "new" drivers which are just re-released beta drivers, so its not fully functional. Ninja: what card is this? Please tell me!

So I guess I'll ask again:

What are some fully functional, vista compatible sound cards? (that arent made by creative)

Thanks for your relevant responses!

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I bought vista, im gonna use it. Yes, the audigy 2 has beta drivers, or those "new" drivers which are just re-released beta drivers, so its not fully functional. Ninja: what card is this? Please tell me!

So I guess I'll ask again:

What are some fully functional, vista compatible sound cards? (that arent made by creative)

Thanks for your relevant responses!

Use it, but you should knew before you bought Vista that Audigy and X-Fi cards have so many compatibility probles with it. Check around the forums to see what Im talking about. And not only here, most forums have at least 1 person like you in the same situation.

And to answer your question

Why dont you go to newegg and check each and every sound card review?

Wouldnt that save you time instead of waiting for people to come and answer?

Done with this, moving on

heybuiwassup

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I already found that auzentech has some decent cards. Apparently, though, they arent much better than the Audigy 2 ZG lines of cards. Anyone else have personal experience with awesome cards on vista? tahnks

bolt14

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
I have an Audigy 2 ZS and it sounds fine to me with Vista Home Premium. Movies, games, and iTunes sound fine with my Logitech 5.1 Z5500's. (They also seem ok with my old 2.1 X-230's.)

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
I'm using vista and a x-fi fatality, the only problem with the drivers is they don't have the option to customize your eax effects yet, just the presets.... but give it time.