Sign in with
Your question

Will VIA step up and in once AMD is gone by 2008

Last response: in CPUs
March 9, 2007 10:35:44 PM

Since AMD will be folded up like childs blanket by this time next year....will VIA be able to step in and compete with INTEL?

More about : step amd 2008

March 9, 2007 10:40:40 PM

Quote:
Since AMD will be folded up like childs blanket by this time next year....will VIA be able to step in and compete with INTEL?

Will you ever be able to make an intelligent post? :roll:
March 9, 2007 10:43:11 PM

You're kidding, right?
Related resources
March 9, 2007 10:52:55 PM

Quote:

I have my opinion.... now if AMD folds next year.. what will you say then?
March 9, 2007 10:58:12 PM

ninja u know u my boy.... u are one of the few people here i look upto.... but u have too see AMD is done.....

if K10 benchies were out now and it looked great...then i would give them a lil hope

but its too late for that now

VIA is the only other CPU maker with a x68 license and with no AMD..they could assualt the low end...and work its way up
March 9, 2007 11:00:59 PM

Quote:
No, Intel will divide into two, to make it seem as "AMD vs. Intel". :roll:

You're right, you have an opinion, just keep it to yourself... :roll:

with AMD gone... i have no doubt INTEL will get split up... then VIA will have the wiggle room to move in

OR nvida could buy VIA and Nvidia could take the 2nd spot
March 9, 2007 11:05:55 PM

Quote:

I have my opinion.... now if AMD folds next year.. what will you say then?
I'll change my tune if AMD folds; I really don't doubt that. What irks me is that you're quoting your opinion as fact. Now that you're talking to me, you suddenly changed it back to a 'what if?' So, make up your mind.
March 9, 2007 11:12:08 PM

VIA is closer to getting folded up than AMD.
March 9, 2007 11:15:05 PM

Quote:
You're kidding, right?

You took the words right out of my mouth.
March 9, 2007 11:24:43 PM

Quote:
I thought I gave you a mandatory recommended ban? 8O

Seriously, for your own sake, I'm beseeching you to post other things that aren't so controversial and con-amd. You're killing your already deminished reputation with every post, and it's just a matter of time before people start creating threads about whether you should be banned or not like they did with 9-inch. At least you aren't post and running, but look at the number of threads you create that get locked, and for good reason

i have been called an AMD fanboy ... leader of the AMD horde.... being added to the AMD FAN BOI MT RUSHMORE with 9inch and Baron

now i am too CON AMD

amazing
March 9, 2007 11:28:55 PM

Well whatever happens Intel will have to keep the pace. People seem to think if AMD go bust intel can start charging $1000 for a CPU. I don't think other companies will let them do that. The second there is an opening in the market they will step in. Saying that though, that depends how far Intel are ahead of everyone. If they are so far ahead no one can compete, who are we to say they are ripping us off?

All theoretical anyway. I think AMD will have a good chip with barca, problem is will they get the good yields. Also will they be happy to sell it cheap, and they have the socket AM2+, AM3 problem. They set up their own downfall if you ask me there. Are people willing to change so many components just for a cpu, especilaly considering AM2 was meant to be so you could drop in the k10's (or whatever they are now)
March 9, 2007 11:30:32 PM

Quote:
You're kidding, right?

You took the words right out of my mouth.
kinda strange how that happens and you are both ninjas........

Not really all that strange, I'm sure you thought the same thing when you read what lordpope wrote :D 

Edit: I am thinking about drawing myself an anime ninja... I think its time I took shape on this forum! No more lurking in the shadows!
*a puff of smoke appears and ninjaquick vanishes, leaving nothing but scraps of paper, his sais and a copy of the 1992 Guiness book of World Records.*
March 9, 2007 11:42:22 PM

Quote:

No, AMD will not fold up this year, and no, VIA cannot compete against Intel. Heck, Via has trouble competing against itself.

I've made my share of complaints against AMD the past few weeks, but I expect it to survive and hopefully in a year or two, it will be respectful again. Maybe I should put that as conditional, that is, if the present execs are disposed of, AMD will become respectable again.
March 9, 2007 11:44:53 PM

Wow, just...wow. I prefer intel myself but cannot even begin to figure out where this steaming BS is coming from!

-The String
March 10, 2007 12:16:34 AM

Quote:

If it's not can I come and SLAP THE TASTE OUT OF YOUR MOUTH?
a b à CPUs
March 10, 2007 12:16:50 AM

Mmmm...gotta love the smell of fresh BS on the forum.
March 10, 2007 12:18:04 AM

Quote:

u wanna slap your girlfriends taste out of my mouth?
March 10, 2007 12:22:11 AM

Quote:

no
March 10, 2007 12:26:54 AM

Quote:

Wow,

Lordpope, do you realize how hated you are? Not only do you have the normal folks and the intelliots flaming you, but you now have the Horde unlimbering its flame throwers at you too.

1 fool to unite them all!!! And his name was lordpope.

Oh, BTW, you are a fanboy, after a fashion. A fanboy of yourself and your attempts to incite flamewars at THG.
March 10, 2007 12:32:55 AM
March 10, 2007 12:33:43 AM

Quote:

If I give you his address, will you? Please?

March 10, 2007 12:42:18 AM

Quote:

If I give you his address, will you? Please?

u come across as an emotional poster
March 10, 2007 12:44:05 AM

Quote:

u come across as an emotional poster

Yup. Tired of kiddies who run around with cans of gas and matches
March 10, 2007 12:44:32 AM

You come across as a crazed fanboy

That's about as low as you can get

:roll:
March 10, 2007 12:53:07 AM

Quote:
looks like even the newcomers are finding that lordpope's reputation has gone down the drain (just wondering, do happen to flame a lot of people, or just like your name?)

Don't say I didn't warn you about this pope, I did all within my power to prevent it

Newcomer?

I joined a couple of months before you :wink:

I'm just more of a lurker than a poster

Btw, I just like my name, I only flame people when they truly deserve it, such as lordpope for constantly making stupid threads like this
March 10, 2007 1:12:48 AM

Quote:
You come across as a crazed fanboy

That's about as low as you can get

ok so i am an INTELLIOT?

first time i ever got called that

are u an emotional poster too...
March 10, 2007 1:30:57 AM

Quote:

ok so i am an INTELLIOT?

first time i ever got called that

are u an emotional poster too...

*sigh*

DISCLAIMER:
OH and i would like to make it clear that just because his name begins with a "lord," we by no means share ideas/likenesses/ANYTHING for that matter.
March 10, 2007 1:42:03 AM

Quote:
yay, you joined the discussion, it's about time you came back, I've missed you, how long has it been now, probably over a month

yeah, its been forever... like a few months or so. i've started checking the forums more now because i'm hopefully getting ready for a build [if the finances are right].

...and then i see someone with a slightly-similar name as mine makin' a scene and i just wanted to distance myself from that. heh. :D 

but yeah. i don't think that AMD will have as much trouble as some OTHER people seem to think they will. they basically HAVE to exist, not because prices would "rise;" prices wouldn't rise per se, you just wouldn't get the same quick advancements that competiton brings, so you'd be paying a price for tech that may not be as advanced as in a competitive market like that of today. the actual prices wouldn't increase, i don't think; rather the value of the items could/would decrease.

...plus i likes tha AMD. AMD and i go wayyyy back. sometimes AMD comes over for tea and crumpets, and we play parcheesi. its great fun. you haters should all get to know AMD before you whip out the haterade like that.
March 10, 2007 1:47:06 AM

Quote:
looks like even the newcomers are finding that lordpope's reputation has gone down the drain (just wondering, do happen to flame a lot of people, or just like your name?)

Don't say I didn't warn you about this pope, I did all within my power to prevent it

He is a good example of why I NEVER look for allies on an anonymous forum.
March 10, 2007 1:51:39 AM

Quote:
will VIA be able to step in and compete with INTEL?

wow... via would have a hard enough time competing against AMD much less intel.
March 10, 2007 1:58:10 AM

Quote:

Pope, this crusade of yours to attempt to force AMD to reveal performance numbers is ludicrous at best. Are you expecting somebody at AMD to come along and say, hey, there's a guy at forumz slandering our name, we better give them numbers quick or we'll surely BK!! I guess it doesn't hurt to try, but ultimately, it will get you absolutely nowhere.
March 10, 2007 2:07:24 AM

Quote:

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Your replay is worth $1000 Stevie Dollars
March 10, 2007 2:09:41 AM

amd isnt oging to fold because they arent anywhere near going under, lordpope they may be emotional posters, but at least they arent retarded ones, cant say the same for you
March 10, 2007 2:10:12 AM

Quote:
I think the problem is people don't give amd the credit they deserve, think about it, amd is probably smaller than 10% of intel, and yet they managed to beat them in performance for a few years straight, intel has close to trillions of dollars in profit, amd gets barely over the billion mark. Intel has so much more money to research with and is migrating to 45nm fabs to save costs and improve profit margins, amd just got to 65nm. And then when amd loses in performance, people give them a hard time, I hihgly doubt they have ever been in the position that the underdog amd is in right now with no where near the resources that intel has, and yet, they are still alive, and that's what counts. Give them some time, and they'll come back, but only if you let them, if people keep talking trash about them and saying they have no chance against conroe, then they won't, end of ze world, Iran just nuked us all, we lose. So people need to keep hope and try to be in the position amd is in, that's they only way they will ever stop trash talking about them

yes yes, very true; you are totally right. however, the fact that you say AMD is an underdog company just goes to show what their reputation is... and reputation is everything in a capitalistic country... or any business for that matter, i suppose. i don't think that AMD needs sympathy or people need to quit trash talking them; i think that AMD will be okay and i just wanted to say that.

oh and to separate myself from this lordpope character :wink:

Quote:

Pope, this crusade of yours to attempt to force AMD to reveal performance numbers is ludicrous at best. Are you expecting somebody at AMD to come along and say, hey, there's a guy at forumz slandering our name, we better give them numbers quick or we'll surely BK!! I guess it doesn't hurt to try, but ultimately, it will get you absolutely nowhere.

yeah, thats right too... its not like AMD is going to divulge info to shut us up, but i'm not sure that that was pope's intention in the first place. it won't get anywhere, but it will get you about 1,000 views, and 2 pages of a flames. meh. c'est la vie.
March 10, 2007 2:16:23 AM

Nice rig you have there. What vcore do you need for 2.8 ghz? That is unquestionably awesome value. I assume that was the newegg combo deal for around $150?
March 10, 2007 2:20:37 AM

ah. finally found it.

okay okay i'm done. i quit. i'm leaving this thread now.
March 10, 2007 2:26:36 AM

Quote:

Dear Mr. Lordpope,

Do you have plenty of fire insurance?

People that engage in flaming activity shoud care plenty of fire insurance, 'cause they never know when their computer will burst into sudden flames.

Do you know the telephone number to your local fire department?

If I was you, I would have the telephone number on speed dial, 'cause I think you are going to need it.

StevieD, a volunteer fireman
March 10, 2007 3:40:05 AM

March 10, 2007 4:12:48 AM

It's my standard reply to useless, troll threads.... I like it 8)
March 10, 2007 4:47:35 AM

Pope down in flames yet again....
March 10, 2007 5:32:02 AM

i think i should read more of these stupid threads, have some quite comedic pictures, lol
March 10, 2007 5:35:36 AM

Threads like this contain no useful information whatsoever. So we may as well get a few laughs out of them before they get locked up.
March 10, 2007 5:45:06 AM

Quote:
You're kidding, right?

maybe if you close your eyes and says " tralalalala I didnt listen to that!" he will go away..
anyway Id say Nvidia would rather buy VIA first than see AMD dead..
a c 139 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a b å Intel
March 10, 2007 6:10:11 AM

Quote:

Whats that from?

@ pope
did people say that when Intel was getting walked all over by AMD?
March 10, 2007 6:46:38 AM

Quote:

Isnt that a clip from the turkish star wars?
March 10, 2007 8:05:03 AM

thought 1: curry chicken makes me gassy

thought 2: lordpope gets a

thought 3: this image is awesome -->
March 10, 2007 10:00:23 AM

Before AMD dies (and in this point you are right, theres like almost nothing to save AMD now) someone else will buy ATi, or ATi will separate from AMD, or whatever... ATi will take over processor manufacturing and there we have our player, but WITH capable management. :o 
March 10, 2007 10:29:52 AM

You seriously think AMD will be gone by next year.LOL.Dude,the only thing gone or going is your sanity.AMD might be having some financial difficulties,but that hardly means they are out of the game.We are talking about a multi-billion dollar company.Give them a break will ya.It takes time to recoup money spent on aquisitions.The purchase of ATI will pay off,sooner than some think.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
2X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471
March 10, 2007 10:52:40 AM

Be reasonable and stop posting BS; most probably this thread will end up locked like the previous one.
March 10, 2007 11:24:35 AM

Quote:

the joke of the century. congrats to u for making such a big joke....
!