DUAL BOOT DRIVE LETTER REASSIGNED

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 13, 2005 7:52:04 PM

please bare with me. I partitioned a 17 gb drive one partition is 12gb (C
DRIVE) the other is 5 gb (D DRIVE) Forst I installed WIN98 on the smaller
drive (of course the boot files reside on the C drive. I then installed WIN
2000 on the C DRIVE..everyhting worked great until I started adding my other
drives back in. (one 30gb hard drive I use for storage, a 6gb drive I use for
temp files and a cdrom drive.)

Now when I boot my D DRIVE has been relegated to my e or F drive ,
obviousely this won't work because my Windows files are expected to be on
D:\windows.

My question is..is there a way during boot up to lock those drive letters in
place? I know that once you are in WIN 2000 you can manage drive letters,
but then it's too late... HELP PLEAS
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 9:24:46 PM

Answered in .general