DUAL BOOT DRIVE LETTER REASSIGNED

please bare with me. I partitioned a 17 gb drive one partition is 12gb (C
DRIVE) the other is 5 gb (D DRIVE) Forst I installed WIN98 on the smaller
drive (of course the boot files reside on the C drive. I then installed WIN
2000 on the C DRIVE..everyhting worked great until I started adding my other
drives back in. (one 30gb hard drive I use for storage, a 6gb drive I use for
temp files and a cdrom drive.)

Now when I boot my D DRIVE has been relegated to my e or F drive ,
obviousely this won't work because my Windows files are expected to be on
D:\windows.

My question is..is there a way during boot up to lock those drive letters in
place? I know that once you are in WIN 2000 you can manage drive letters,
but then it's too late... HELP PLEAS
1 answer Last reply
More about dual boot drive letter reassigned

    Answered in .general

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "DAMSEL IN DISTRESS" <DAMSELINDISTRESS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:E9698527-F7F1-4CE1-A821-C2AF41BB15A1@microsoft.com...
    | please bare with me. I partitioned a 17 gb drive one partition is 12gb
    (C
    | DRIVE) the other is 5 gb (D DRIVE) Forst I installed WIN98 on the smaller
    | drive (of course the boot files reside on the C drive. I then installed
    WIN
    | 2000 on the C DRIVE..everyhting worked great until I started adding my
    other
    | drives back in. (one 30gb hard drive I use for storage, a 6gb drive I use
    for
    | temp files and a cdrom drive.)
    |
    | Now when I boot my D DRIVE has been relegated to my e or F drive ,
    | obviousely this won't work because my Windows files are expected to be on
    | D:\windows.
    |
    | My question is..is there a way during boot up to lock those drive letters
    in
    | place? I know that once you are in WIN 2000 you can manage drive letters,
    | but then it's too late... HELP PLEAS

Dual Boot Boot Windows