How do you delete very old restore points xp 2k

Thanks
David Blust

Hi

All XP System Restore checkpoints are automatically deleted after 90 days.
How far back are you thinking as 'very old'?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> All XP System Restore checkpoints are automatically deleted after 90 days.
> How far back are you thinking as 'very old'?
>
> -- not that old....Thanks sheadog
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups.
>

> "sheadog" <sheadog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do you delete very old restore points xp 2k
> >
> > Thanks
> > David Blust

Hi

The checkpoints can't be manually deleted, so you have a few options open to
you.

Either delete all of them by turning System Restore off/on or by using Disk
Cleanup to delete all but the last checkpoint:

Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup.

Click on the 'More Options' tab, then 'Clean up...' on the third option.

A 3rd option is to decrease the amount of disk space made available to
System Restore:

Right click on My Computer, then select Properties>System Restore. Select
the appropriate drive and click on 'Settings'. You can use the slider to
decrease the amount of disk space used by SR. I have mine set to 300 mb
which gives me about 5/6 checkpoints