Malicious Software Removal Tool

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 18, 2005 9:53:24 PM

I just went through Windows Update and one of the
components that was installed was the "Malicious
Software Removal Tool".

However, I have no idea at what location it was
installed - it didn't ask -(and therefore how to
access/run it).

Can anyone enlighten me?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 1:22:20 AM

These articles may help.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=890830

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"WoofWoof" wrote:
|I just went through Windows Update and one of the
| components that was installed was the "Malicious
| Software Removal Tool".
|
| However, I have no idea at what location it was
| installed - it didn't ask -(and therefore how to
| access/run it).
|
| Can anyone enlighten me?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:26:09 PM

WoofWoof wrote:
> I just went through Windows Update and one of the
> components that was installed was the "Malicious
> Software Removal Tool".
>
> However, I have no idea at what location it was
> installed - it didn't ask -(and therefore how to
> access/run it).
>
> Can anyone enlighten me?

C:\winnt\system32\mrt.exe
August 19, 2005 4:09:25 PM

Rob Stow wrote:
> WoofWoof wrote:
>
>> I just went through Windows Update and one of the components that was
>> installed was the "Malicious Software Removal Tool".
>>
>> However, I have no idea at what location it was installed - it didn't
>> ask -(and therefore how to access/run it).
>>
>> Can anyone enlighten me?
>

> C:\winnt\system32\mrt.exe

Ah, there it is .... thanks.
Anonymous