Malicious Software Removal Tool

I just went through Windows Update and one of the
components that was installed was the "Malicious
Software Removal Tool".

However, I have no idea at what location it was
installed - it didn't ask -(and therefore how to
access/run it).

Can anyone enlighten me?
5 answers Last reply
More about malicious software removal tool

    These articles may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=890830

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    WoofWoof wrote:
    > I just went through Windows Update and one of the
    > components that was installed was the "Malicious
    > Software Removal Tool".
    >
    > However, I have no idea at what location it was
    > installed - it didn't ask -(and therefore how to
    > access/run it).
    >
    > Can anyone enlighten me?

    C:\winnt\system32\mrt.exe

    Thank you, Dave.

    Rob Stow wrote:
    > WoofWoof wrote:
    >
    >> I just went through Windows Update and one of the components that was
    >> installed was the "Malicious Software Removal Tool".
    >>
    >> However, I have no idea at what location it was installed - it didn't
    >> ask -(and therefore how to access/run it).
    >>
    >> Can anyone enlighten me?
    >

    > C:\winnt\system32\mrt.exe

    Ah, there it is .... thanks.

    You're welcome.

    --

    "WoofWoof" wrote:
    | Thank you, Dave.

Windows Update Microsoft Software Windows