Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New Power Planning tool

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:53:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

It appears that whomever wrote Hero Planner is not keeping it up to date.

Thus, someone else (Verxion) took it upon himself to write one.

You can get it at http://www.joechott.com/coh/coh_planner.zip

While it is not as pretty as Hero Planner, it looks to have a fair bit more
functionality to it.



--
Marcel

More about : power planning tool

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 10:10:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> looked up from
reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
the signs say:

>It appears that whomever wrote Hero Planner is not keeping it up to date.
>
>Thus, someone else (Verxion) took it upon himself to write one.
>
>You can get it at http://www.joechott.com/coh/coh_planner.zip
>
>While it is not as pretty as Hero Planner, it looks to have a fair bit more
>functionality to it.

Not really.

While it does have Kheldians (I downloaded it for this), it also lacks a
lot of things Hero Planner has, like the slotting of powers, like only
being able to choose powers at the level you can get them in game, etc.
This is my experience as of v0.9b (or c I forget.)
Very primitive and very, very Beta.

If you're playing on of the original 5 ATs, Hero planner is still miles
better (at least till 41 when the ancillary Power Pools open, but by
that time you don't have much planning to do anyway.)

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 4:15:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
news:9k9901p0qdl9r0upoo8efsn0812i6747gv@4ax.com:

> While it does have Kheldians (I downloaded it for this), it also lacks a
> lot of things Hero Planner has, like the slotting of powers,

You can do this.

> like only
> being able to choose powers at the level you can get them in game, etc.

I am not sure I understand what you are sying here. The latest version of
CoH Planner gives you stats and info on all of the powers in the set, but
you just can't pick them until you get to the level where they are
available.

> This is my experience as of v0.9b (or c I forget.)
> Very primitive and very, very Beta.

Ahhh, there is a new version out, v0.91o. Has Brawl Index numbers added as
well.

> If you're playing on of the original 5 ATs, Hero planner is still miles
> better (at least till 41 when the ancillary Power Pools open, but by
> that time you don't have much planning to do anyway.)

If Hero Planner had been kept up-to-date, I would say yes, unfortunately,
it hasn't been updated in a while now...

--
Marcel
Related resources
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 9:59:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> looked up from
reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
the signs say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
>news:9k9901p0qdl9r0upoo8efsn0812i6747gv@4ax.com:
>
>> This is my experience as of v0.9b (or c I forget.)
>> Very primitive and very, very Beta.
>
>Ahhh, there is a new version out, v0.91o. Has Brawl Index numbers added as
>well.

I'll have to download it again sometime I guess.

>> If you're playing on of the original 5 ATs, Hero planner is still miles
>> better (at least till 41 when the ancillary Power Pools open, but by
>> that time you don't have much planning to do anyway.)
>
>If Hero Planner had been kept up-to-date, I would say yes, unfortunately,
>it hasn't been updated in a while now...

Other than the "epic" power pools though, the rest of the powers are the
same. The only real difference for most is in the descriptions, and
for at least some of the powers, the descriptions match what the in-game
information still says even though the power has changed (see Rooted).

Until level 41, hero planner is still perfectly functional, as long as
the PLAYER is aware of power changes, and if they aren't, no planner is
really going to be of much use.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 7:10:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
news:c2ah01p6g0n21q4gnrr3p6nibv4ab4r23i@4ax.com:

> Until level 41, hero planner is still perfectly functional, as long as
> the PLAYER is aware of power changes, and if they aren't, no planner is
> really going to be of much use.

That's funny. You are expecting players to be aware of the world they are
playing in. SNicker. (BTW, to be serious, I agree with you)

It is up to 1.0b. There have been some major interface changes and such.

Can get it http://joechott.com/coh/

According to his notes, the way the file is saved is going to change in one
of the upcoming versions.

--
Marcel
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 10:27:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> looked up from
reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
the signs say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
>news:c2ah01p6g0n21q4gnrr3p6nibv4ab4r23i@4ax.com:
>
>> Until level 41, hero planner is still perfectly functional, as long as
>> the PLAYER is aware of power changes, and if they aren't, no planner is
>> really going to be of much use.
>
>That's funny. You are expecting players to be aware of the world they are
>playing in. SNicker. (BTW, to be serious, I agree with you)

Well the people who use things like Hero Planner are a subset of the
whole. A subset that aren't just picking randomly, but planning, so i'd
expect them to be far more likely to want knowledge about the powers and
changes.

>It is up to 1.0b. There have been some major interface changes and such.

I guess i'll snag it again sometime.

He really should do proper file names, since so far all version are just
called coh_planner.zip, which makes it a bit difficult to tell what
version is up.

Oh, having just checked there, it seems he finally has started with
proper naming - and he's up to 1.0e.

>Can get it http://joechott.com/coh/

I had it bookmarked anyway.

>According to his notes, the way the file is saved is going to change in one
>of the upcoming versions.

So I see. He must be angling for a job with MS. :) 

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
!