Blue font file names?

In windows explorer, why are some of my file names listed in blue font? I've
tried searching for a reason but no luck. Any info you can provide would be
deeply appreciated.

--
Thanks in advance!

velma_ruego wrote:
> In windows explorer, why are some of my file names listed in blue font? I've
> tried searching for a reason but no luck. Any info you can provide would be
> deeply appreciated.

By design, WinXP automatically compresses files that do not get
used frequently, and, if you've left the default settings intact,
displays those files in blue.

If you wish to change this behavior, in Windows Explorer, click
Tools > Folder Options > View > Advanced settings: Show encrypted or
compressed NTFS files in color.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: