Help! Win2K3 Won't Boot After Removing Linux (Fedora)

Hello,

After having a dual boot system, Win2K3 and Linux Fedora Core 3, I deleted
Fedora but since I was using GRUB to boot from I have not been able to get
the Windows boot working again. I have a feeling that GRUB is loaded into the
MBR and I am out of luck but I was going to wait a bit before I wiped the
drive and started over, I’d hate to loose the Win2K3 information.

Thanks for the help and I hope no one got upset that I mentioned the “L”
word here..<g>..Just kidding..

Rick
3 answers Last reply
More about help win2k3 boot removing linux fedora

    Hello,

    I am replying to my own post..<g> I found the answer,
    From the Win2K3 install CD:
    Boot into the Recovery Console
    type: fixmbr
    answer (y)es
    The MBR will be repaired and the CD will reload the OS just as if you ran
    the repair. You can then log on and your set.

    Thx,
    Rick

    "RickrK" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > After having a dual boot system, Win2K3 and Linux Fedora Core 3, I deleted
    > Fedora but since I was using GRUB to boot from I have not been able to get
    > the Windows boot working again. I have a feeling that GRUB is loaded into the
    > MBR and I am out of luck but I was going to wait a bit before I wiped the
    > drive and started over, I’d hate to loose the Win2K3 information.
    >
    > Thanks for the help and I hope no one got upset that I mentioned the “L”
    > word here..<g>..Just kidding..
    >
    > Rick

    Could you boot with a Bart PE cd to fix the .inis/mbr?
    Just a thought.
    Graham

    "RickrK" <RickrK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > After having a dual boot system, Win2K3 and Linux Fedora Core 3, I deleted
    > Fedora but since I was using GRUB to boot from I have not been able to get
    > the Windows boot working again. I have a feeling that GRUB is loaded into
    > the
    > MBR and I am out of luck but I was going to wait a bit before I wiped the
    > drive and started over, I'd hate to loose the Win2K3 information.
    >
    > Thanks for the help and I hope no one got upset that I mentioned the "L"
    > word here..<g>..Just kidding..
    >
    > Rick

    Congratulations! About your statement "I'd hate to loose the
    Win2K3 information" - have you considered backing up your
    important files to an independent medium on a weekly basis?

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am replying to my own post..<g> I found the answer,
    > From the Win2K3 install CD:
    > Boot into the Recovery Console
    > type: fixmbr
    > answer (y)es
    > The MBR will be repaired and the CD will reload the OS just as if you ran
    > the repair. You can then log on and your set.
    >
    > Thx,
    > Rick
    >
    > "RickrK" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > After having a dual boot system, Win2K3 and Linux Fedora Core 3, I
    deleted
    > > Fedora but since I was using GRUB to boot from I have not been able to
    get
    > > the Windows boot working again. I have a feeling that GRUB is loaded
    into the
    > > MBR and I am out of luck but I was going to wait a bit before I wiped
    the
    > > drive and started over, I'd hate to loose the Win2K3 information.
    > >
    > > Thanks for the help and I hope no one got upset that I mentioned the "L"
    > > word here..<g>..Just kidding..
    > >
    > > Rick

Boot Fedora Linux Windows