MSI 975X Platinum Power-up Edition BSOD with XtremeMusic

robbocop1234

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2007
Hi guys,

Im having a problem with this XtremeMusic Soundcard.

After i installed the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Vista Driver 2.13.0012 driver for my new system, i get the blue screen of death.

Its too fast for me to see what it says from the BSOD, however im able to see catch this line nvlddmkm.sys..........

Thereafter, the system restarts itself.

When i take out the sound card from the system, the system perform normally.

However, when i uninstall the Nvidia drivers and inserted back the sound card. The sound card works. But when i install the Nvidia driver back again. It get the BSOD again.

Also im using Nvidia forceware version 100.65 (latest)

I believe there is conflict of drivers between the graphics and sound card.

Anybody experiencing this problem and managed to solve it?

My system as follows:
MSI 975X Platinum Power-up Edition
MSI 8800GTX
Intel E6600
WD Raptor 150GB
X-Fi XtremeMusic
4GB Kingston memory

Not sure if it will work, but you could try installing both video and audio drivers in Safe Mode. Otherwise you may need to wait until SB releases newer drivers.

Does your sound card work without the driver in Win Vista? I would assume that Vista includes some type of generic OpenAL drivers to work with various sound cards.

robbocop1234

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2007
Thanx Jaguar for the help, ive tried installing the drivers in safe mode but once Vista is loading, BSOD occurs again.

The sound card wont work without Creative's driver.

Anybody has the same problem?

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
I have recently read that Creative got new drivers out but they are not the best they can be. Even with the lastest iteration, some of the features that used to work under XP are not working under Vista. From what I could gather of the arcticle, it's kind of a temporairy solution so to speak.